Oh Heck!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Went for the second physio session and the physio said my leg was too swollen to do the exercises so she massaged it and boy did it hurt.  She recommended I see my doctor for water tablets as my 'good' leg was also swollen.  I am diabetic so this could be something to do with that.  I also managed to get an appointment with the Dr. this morning for more pain killers but now have to try and get another appointment tomorrow.  I have x-rays next week, the first appointment with the consultant the week after and then I go back to the physio...hopefully with better results. My bend is quite good but the straightening is not....worried about that.  But as she says once the swelling has gone down it will be better for excersing as the excersising at the moment is also causing swelling...catch 21.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Oh my, Hazel. Well, it sounds like you've got things figured out, now just to get that swelling down. Are you icing it a lot? I tended to only do it when the pain was too much, but should have done it a little more regularly. Sounds like you've got it under control as far as what to do. Keep us posted.
    • Posted

Will do, just had a lovely phone disscussion with my friend in the same position.....  at least we can comiserate with each other and spur each other on..
  • Posted

Hi Hazel my god not a good start but it will come good plenty off ice on the leg as much as possible. My straightening was 23 degrees I thought I would never get it straight but seven weeks later with great Physio and hard work I got it to a 3 and that was great ...hard work at home as well as in physio but it can be done... My other leg is 15 days post op and its 3 degrees now and bend is 100 just had my staples out today god it feels good ...good luck xx
    • Posted

Staight leg 10, knee bend 90 was 91.... just been iced and will do it again before bedtime.  Free from all those pulls and nips....it is good. Using bio oil now.
    • Posted

I swear by the bio oil it really does help my scar on left knee you can hardly see it ...I kerp the oil on it every night starting with bio oil tomorrow on right knee as she has put big plaster on scar today..taking staples out does pinch a bit as mine where really deep in my skin a few swear words were said lol but was happy when they all came out 
    • Posted

Just shows you no two knees are the same even your own

knees!

• Posted

Mine are out friday too am dreading it, common sense says it cannot be as bad as we have already endured, but I am not looking forward to it
    • Posted

Don't worry about it honestly!  It is the LEAST of your problems!!!  the staples come out really easily . at most a bit of twinge . . . 
  • Posted

I too have massive swelling which makes excercising next to impossible, I also have large bandaging. I completely understand your frustration, someone gave  me the advice that things will be much better when tissues and nerves heal. It is a very long slow process. Best wwishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.