Oh my God,

Posted , 3 users are following.

Was on 5mg of escitalopram, couldn't cope much more with side effects, was week 5, sweating tired out , bad anxiety, doctors today now prozac , frightened to death to tack them as what I have read on this forum, dos,nt sound any better than escitalopram, also I have lost appertight, and menopausel, as if I have to start all over again, has 10mg worked for anyone, thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Susan don't be put off we are all different and react differently it's a awful position to be in but I feel pretty much the same Hun debating wether I'm benefiting from my medication but I'm hanging on to the fact I have invested so much time into this med you might find it does the trick for you good luck Hun x

• Posted

20 mg have been on same dose right the way through although I wish I would of started at 10mg because would have not been as bad for side effects x
  • Posted

From my experience it was not any better from what you are describing. I couldn't take it after day 8. I stopped all meds and I feel like much more myself. I'm not saying that my decision is for everyone, but after years of taking numerous Rx, I felt for me, it was time that I tackle this head on without and I am thankfully doing SO much better. I'm no longer in a fog, no side effects. For anyone suffering with anxiety I feel that Prozac is a very difficult adjustment. They tell you to stick with it, which could be months. I was not able to do that and hold down a job. I was losing my mind, crawling out of my skin. I couldn't sleep, eat, concentrate. It did not work for me .I wish you luck in whatever decision you feel is right for you. 

• Posted

Started with 10mg, then up to 20mg. Then I stopped. It was getting worse and I wasn’t about to take more meds to counteract how these made me feel. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.