Oh no........someghing else to worry about!

Posted , 8 users are following.

So, 14 weeks on from new knee cap and metal trochlea and I've had two days this week when the tightness seemed to be getting a little better.......until yesterday! I was out at a garden centre and pushing (more like clinging on for dear life) a trolley. Nothing heavy in it, just a couple of small plants. Had lunch outside in the lovely weather and came home. A couple of hours later my knee was very painful, tight and the pain was all around my knee cap. I took extra strength painkillers, iced and elevated. When it came to bedtime I couldnt pick my leg up off the floor to get it into bed, it was so painful, and even turning over in bed has been a nightmare during the night. This morning my knee is very stiff, a bit swollen and is painful on the outside of my leg up to my thigh.

Could it just be the heat, in my friends car the sun was very hot on both my legs (I did have linen trousers on so scar was covered), did I just do too much in pushing the trolley, could I be dehydrated......lots of questions going through my mind. Anyone out there experienced anything similar? Am going to rest up today and watch tv.......is there any tennis on anywhere lol? 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I just laughed so hard at the 'clinging for dear life'!

I know that feeling!

I've done it at the supermarket!

I'm just 5wks post TKR and yesterday was my first shopping day out and man oh man, I just wished my 10 year old granddaughter could have picked me up, dumped me in the car and driven me home. Instead I dragged myself back to the car, drove us both home, and crash landed on the couch where I stayed until I was moved from couch to bed. Today is better - but only because I've only moved from my desk to go to the loo! Think I need a commode chair for the office wink (home office)

• Posted

I was just having a vision.......open plan office .........thank goodness you're a home worker!. I'm a secretary and am currently signed off until 16 July and unless a miracle happens I won't be re-entering the working world even then. Most folk long to be at home, but that is only ok if you're able to do what you want to.......I'll never moan about work again......or will I lol?!

It's a good job, when going through this, that most of the time we can keep our sense of humour! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.