Oh oh endoscopy!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi people, i've written on here so many times. I would like some more advice please? I have sn endoscopy on Friday, haven't had one for many years and feel quite naturally scared, of the result, more than the procedure. How many of you who have had this recently have had sedation and how long does it take? Would you recommend i do anything before it (apart from NO food) and do you usually have biopsies with it? Whatever the results say, my doctors will then HAVE to do something!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Ive only just joined this forum so too late to comment before you had your endoscopy. I found it was not as bad as i expected. A bit painful in places but it was a relief to know that there was nothing more serious going on. Im still struggling with diet as there is a lot of different advice but gradually finding what suits me. The difference between the FODMAP and advice given within Patient Info is confusing. For me, it is trying to get enough fibre, as most 'roughage' sets off my diarrhoea.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.