Ok first post help if you can - terrible anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok so this is me - I wake up immediately wondering if I will be feeling anxiety today, once I think about it I have it. I have the type of all day dizziness hypersensitivity to motion and bodily sensations or movement type stuff. I feel unbalanced at times but mainly just shaky and sometimes like I'm walking on a boat feeling. Of course this makes my mind over react all day long to where I can't keep my mind off of it. I also stress out and think I have serious health problems all the time which again has me constantly worrying. I have been prescribed cipralex but I refuse to take it because I think it will harm me. I have so much trouble falling asleep at night because of my racing thoughts and basically that I am afraid of everything. Some days I can control my anxiety and ignore the thoughts but other days are terrible. I feel as if I will drive myself completely insane with these constant thoughts and often feel as if I have no control, I know this is all in my head and I am making myself feel this way but how can I stop? Does anyone feel the same or went through this? What can I do?

3 likes, 29 replies

Report / Delete

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You've taken a very brave step by talking about how you feel on here. That shows a lot of strength, even though you may not believe me right now. Anxiety is horrible and it makes you feel like hell.

When I first became ill, I refused to take any medication as I thought it would harm me too. But instead of looking up side effects on Google and scaring myself even more, I asked my pharmacist. Speaking to her helped to put my mind at rest.

I would also urge you to go go back to your doctor and talk over your worries. They are there to provide help and support.

Have you been taught deep breathing excercises to help you relax? They are a brilliant way to help you settle.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply that is what scares me reading side effects. Do the pills help you with the constant worrying? My doctor prescribed me the pills and referred me to therapy which I have yet to start as well. Knowing other people feel the sa,e way as me is really helpful. I did see a school counsellor who gave me a recording about deep breathing and also imagery techniques
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I threw away the info leaflets into the recycling bin and refused to read them. I was anxious enough without scaring the bejaysus out of myself. I take Buspirone regularly and diazepam if I need extra support.

I have regular appointments with my psychiatrist and he is really helpful. I know that I can reach out to my GP as well. I was full of nerves when I first reached out, but I know that I had to. I had to get myself on the road to recovery.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That's good I feel the same way, I wanted to try and do it by myself thinking that  I started these problems in my head so I can be the one to fix them, but a lot of times it is too overwhelming. Have u noticed a big difference since the medications? 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oh hells yes! I do have the occasional bad day sure I do, but mostly I funtion like a happy person instead of an anxiety ridden person. They are so worth it.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes it horrible Im dealing with anxiety at the moment that came on without warning when my daughter left home.  This Im told is because I lost my husband 5 yrs ago and my mind has pulled this back up to the forefront with my daughter leaving.  Can you think of something that sparked it off that you can now see is the cause.  I have just started sleeping pills for night to stop me waking - if I have a good sleep I feel I can better deal with it but thinking of short term medication.  Do you others in the house with you tht can help

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

what started it I think was a combination of things. My gf has bad anxiety attacks and is on pills for it. I never really had anxiety or thought about it until then and that see,a to have gotten my mind focussed on it. Also I was at work once amd while walking from the elevator to the floor it felt as if my mind was boggling and shaky and it sent me in a panic attack. Looking back it was probably just the feeling of the elevator moving and I felt it through the floor inront of the doors when I got off. This has been a major cause of anxiety now, over sensativity to movements and me feeling weird and dizzy like.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

There is something to being human isnt there and sometimes wires get mixed up.  Perhaps you need a visit to GP to re-discuss problems and perhaps you need some help with medications.  Take care

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Joyce, I can certainly understand how you feel about your daughter leaving home.  Thankfully, my husband is still here so I can't even imagine how that affected/started anxiety.  My prayers to you.  My daughter graduated from college and moved 1000 miles away three years ago, that is when my anxiety started and I didn't even know what it was.  I was also starting perimenopause/menopause and never having any bad PMS during my younger years, I had no clue what was going on.  I went to my doctor convinced that I had a brain tumor.  Feeling out of control, terrified, uncontrollable doom and gloom, etc.  She started me on .05mg of Clonazepam (which is cut into quarters and take if absolutely necessary).  After the first year of our daughter living away (I saw her quite often as I would visit for a month or so at a time as my work can travel with me), things seemed to calm down for me and for the last 18 months, anxiety/panic seemed to be moving out of my life. She moved back home over a year to continue on with a Master's Degree and is only 2 hours away at her alma mater, just like old times and she comes home at least once or twice a month.  Just knowing that I can drive out to see her for a day or even an hour or two makes it so much better and she doesn't ever want to be more than 2-3 hours away from home once graduated.  However, your post above, "can you think of something that sparked it off" made me realize something!  For the last couple of weeks, I have been feeling on edge, shoulders around my ears, startling easily to noise, clenching teeth at night and not sure exactly why but figured some type of anxiety was setting in.  Then, my cousin, who is a single mom, called and her only daughter is not coming home from college for the first time for summer as she found a job and an apartment off campus.  My cousin is so sad and after we talked last week, I broke down and have been having the same anxiety I had 3 years when my daughter was graduating and moving so far away.  It was a trigger, I believe, the spark.  Since then, I have been crying off and on, feeling like I can't catch a deep breath at times, health anxiety, concentrating too much on breathing and then more anxiety, etc.  It's such a vicious cycle.  My prayers are with everyone here.  I am trying skilled relaxation today for the first time and praying that it will help. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hi i am on serterline 150 mg i read all the forums and all the horror stories my advice dont google the tablets just take them im  going through panic its horrible just get help mate
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

if been honest mate no i had a choking fit at work causing a 6 hour pannick attack besides that i was ok suffered anxiaty for years but last year  was fine been on tablets 3 months tired no motivation forgetting things lost my job told my doctor if the move from 100mg to 150 dosnt help im coming off them as i feel worse sorry cant be much help
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up