Ok here we go 30-40

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sorry I've been posting so much but...

My doc took me off 40mg after no improvement in 4 days.

My doctor is on vacation until the 30th.

I have the whole script of 40 and I think I'm going to try it for the 40 until she gets back because if this doesn't work she putting me on Prozac.....so 40 worth 1 more go?

I'm also on 2mg of klonopin dailey which isn't helping. People keep telling me to just get off but that's not an option because of Benzo withdrawal I'll cross that bridge with my doctor when we come to it.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm just at my wits end and can't put up with this until I see her on the 30th. I've tried everything exercise meditation nothing is helping.

• Posted

I just think it's worth one more try before switching to prozac.

• Posted

It's not helping because it's not balanced in your system yet, it could take 4,6,8 weeks or longer and from what my experience was the more I upped my dose the longer it took to start working

• Posted

Well from what i read, I have no clue why your doctor would take you off after 4 days. Even though u been taking the med for a while every time u do an increase it's like starting all over. So in my personal opinion and experience 4 days is just too soon to tell if it's gonna work or not, but again I am not a doctor and I am just speaking from my personal experience. There must of been a reason that she pulled u off so quick. It took me over 4 months for it to work started in 10 20 30 and I am still not 100%... read up on seretonin syndrome if u decide to stay on 40, so if u are getting too much you know what to look for..

• Posted

Thanks for your reply she didn't give me any reason except for "shes seen people struggle on a new dose that isn't helping for weeks."

I don't think after 3 years going up to 40 is going to cause serotonin syndrome but I'll look into it thanks.

• Posted

Yeah just look into it to be in the safe side, just in case u have brought seretoninf and the 40 just bumps u over the edge. But on an other note I'd been struggling this long I would try 40 for a few weeks and see how it goes.

• Posted

Thanks sanja have you found anything that says increasing your dose can cause syrotone syndrome because I can't find anything that says increasing it will cause it. It just says mixing with other ssris and stuff like that

• Posted

Here is the link I like to use:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/serotonin-syndrome/home/ovc-20305669

Only reason I mentioned to you was because it happened to my gf... she was on 30mg and it was not helping her symptoms so after a week doctor increased her dose to 40 5 days later she was in hospital, she fine now they just had to take her off and the dose and took her back down to 30. The only reason I mentioned it to u was because U can confuse the symptoms with side effects, that's was she was thinking it was just side effects till she got very ill. The likelihood of it happening to you probably none, but I just put it out there and your doctor seems a bit off that he increased your meds for fast.

• Posted

Dont ever just stop a benzo! You could have a siezures, body aches, flu like symptoms, anxiety alot worse! My opinion? Start the 40 an stay on it. Yes, again, your anxiety will be up there but prob not to long. Try to take your mind off of it. Keep occupied. You are messing with your brain an your gut flip flopping back n forth. Did you know that like 50-70% of our Seratonin is made in small intestine not the brain. Look it up. Be good to your bowel. Probiotics. Yogurt. Goodluck! You need a new Dr!
    • Posted

Ok I'm just slightly worried about the above posters warning about serotonin syndrome lol.

• Posted

Symptoms may include:

Confusion.

Agitation or restlessness.

Dilated pupils.

Headache.

Changes in blood pressure and/or temperature.

Nausea and/or vomiting.

Diarrhea.

Rapid heart rate.

Seizures

These are symptoms of Seratonin Syndrome. Iv had it fr a drug called Tramadol. I was addicted to it. May 2014 was last pill. Started it in 2006 for stress fracture. Slowly realized it helped my anxiety and depression. My daughter died in 2000 an never really got therapy, just went back to work. Husband either. Had another son (i have older son born in1997) in 2002. But, still something not right. Well starting Tramadol chg my world. It increases Seratonin an norepinephrine in brain. So I had energy, doing tons of stuff, over doing it. Got it off an on fr diff dr for my bad back an fibromyalgia. Finally getting off Internet at 300$ a month. 15 pills a day. If I tried to stop (which i wanted to by 2011) i was so sick...restless legs (severe), diarrhea, sneezing, flu symptoms (severe), anxiety (severe), depression (severe), headaches, stomach hurt. I couldn't function with 2 sons below age of 13. I couldn't wait for ups or fedex to get to my house so I wasnt sick. No dr would prescribe so going to urgent care with back pain an get it...so humiliated. I didnt care. I felt like crap an couldn't function. I needed a detox facility but we didn't an still dont have insurance. So finally in 2014, i got sick with Norovirus an started having palpitations an skip heart beat. Temp felt aweful. An hadnt taken Tram for a day cause so sick. So dbl whammy. Husband took to Er. I didn't care at this point. Normal white Mom with kids, in medical field on 15 pills a day an sick with virus! EMBARRASSED!! I had to come clean about Tram. So glad I did. Felt like wt off my chest. But I didn't know what to do to stop! Well palpitations an skipped beat was fr severe dehydration. Potassium critically low. Dr said go home, eat bananas, water, coconut water, an take these Clonazapam as you taper down fr Tram. So 2 days later I self admitted to detox hospital for 5 days May 2014. My labs were all normal. Hadnt hurt liver thankgoodness. Got out on Klonapine 1mg. For the anxiety. Bad very bad. Coming of opiates is very bad in anxiety terms. Alot worse to me (an Iv tried 7 antidepressants)than antidepressants. Put on Zoloft 2 wks later. Took for 3 months. Helped mentally but physically very ill. It was toxic to me. Liver enzymes went up an felt like the flu bad. Had to stop it. So every time I stop an antidepressant for longer than 3 months. Depression comes. Also doesn't help that menopause (sorry guys) started rt after stopped Zoloft. So got on hormones. So thats where I am. Iv had siezures fr to much Seratonin fr the Tramadol. None coming off. If you mix antidepressants you can get it. If you mix Tramadol with antidepressants you can get Seratonin Syndrome. So if you have those symptoms then call dr immediately or go to ER (im in US) immediately. I think your ok. 4 days is NO WAY to tell if it will work. Takes wks. Goodluck an sorry for book I wrote just some info. Dont start Tramadol!! Evil sucker.

• Posted

That's reassuring that I won't get serotonin syndrome. I don't take any other anti deppresents or anything else that effects ssri levels.

And im so sorry it sounds like you've gone through an awful experience.

I'm glad your doing better I hear so many horror stories about tramadol and it's horrifying because my friends dad gave me a bunch when I almost got my finger bitten off (long story my brother had a mental breakdown and hes no longer with us) and I took so much everyday and one day just stopped taking them. I'm glad I did before I had any long lasting effects I never even knew they were anything but a pain killer.

Klonopin makes me nervous but I was on ativan for 6 months and tapered down myself so slowly and never experienced any withdrawal effects so fingers crossed the increase helps so I can start to come off the klonopin. If not hi ho hi ho we are going to give Prozac a go.

• Posted

Watch Prozac. Im not saying it wont or could help. But start out low on it. I took it also. Horrible for me. Is anxiety your main issue? If so Lexapro is cousin to Celexa (Citolopram) an has the histamine in it that Citolopram doesn't (psychiatrist told me) so it is used alot for anxiety. I took it also. Just not for me. Sleepy all time an ate alot but does def calm you down. All these dtugs act different on different people. You might mention Lexapro an it might not be so bad switching over since closely related? Just a thought.

• Posted

I'll look into it thanks. The doctor thinks Prozac will help my ocd. I increased last night and as of now feel slightly better this morning even though I know that's not possible lol.

• Posted

Is it possible since I've been on it 3 years I'll start to feel a difference any sooner?

• Posted

Now that is a possibility but don't think about it. Get your mind on something else. Dwelling just makes it all worse. In my opinion.

• Posted

Your right zio I need to stop but even as I type this I'm trying to find the safest ways to switch anti deppresents if things don't work lol. I definitely think I have ocd on top of anxiety.

• Posted

Remember to ask about Lexapro. It may help your anxious better than Prozac. What is your thing about Prozac? Dr suggedt it? Friend on it?
    • Posted

Doctor suggested it because shes on it and she said it will help with OCD.
    • Posted

Well remember just because Dr on it doesnt mean it's ok for you. Does she have OCD? How long have you been on 30mg Citolopram? Why chg if it was helping? The 30 might have just pooped out an just need to go up. I know alot on 40mg. But like alot have said 4 days is nothing. Sounds like she is pushing for Prozac. Totally diff drug with diff side effects remember.

• Posted

I agree I guess when your caught up in these feelings you'll do whatever they tell you lol. If they said cut your arm off and you would never have this problem again I probably would lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.