OK I haven't had a period in 4+ years and my Hormones and estrogen are making me immortal

Posted , 10 users are following.

My Doctor will give me Nothing.... I feel like I'm

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you so much for posting this. I haven't had a period in 5 years and my hormones are all over the bloody map. I'm having panic attacks too now and my doctor says it can't be hormones after this long. I know it is. Please help.

• Posted

I'm with you 100% with it still being hormones!! Very possibily lack of them if you haven't had a period for 5 years as your oestrogen and progesteron will be pretty low so that's going to cause an imbalance in your system. I even find this with HRT - I never know when I'm going to have a good day or a bad day and it drives me crazy!!!!!

• Posted

Amazing you haven't a period in 4 yrs and you are now just having systoms. I had surgery in September and hormones were perfect .october had a period and nothing since then I immediately felt different had my hormones checked again and the doc said no more kids for me I'm 44 and done but if I wasn't 😡. Anyway I was put on 200 mg of progesterone in January and I swear I felt like myself again in 2 days . I stopped last week to try "MACA BOOST" I feel ok but I'm not sleeping as well like o did with the progesterone . Today I drank it at 7am so I will see how I do tonight. First two days I drank around 1pm which was probably

Too late .

• Posted

Hi Pam. Why did you stop the progesterone? And can you tell me (us) more about Maca Boost - I've never heard of it. I will google it but would much prefer to hear your personal opinion and reasons for using it.

My gyneacologist reduced my eostrogen from 2mg to 1 mg yesterday but left my progestorone at 100mg. He also told me to always take the progesterone at night (I was taking it in the morning) as it can cause some drowsiness. I had never heard of this before?????

• Posted

Good morning , I stopped because I wanted to try something natural. My doc put me on 200 mg progesterone $78 😳 I had dryness in my Vaginal area and and tried estrace cream and she sent my blood pressure up 148/110. So I didn't use that again. So she suggested progesterone at night as well. I must say I did sleep better and no more hot flashes . My libido came back but vaginal dryness still there. I had UFE surgery

For fibroids and it sent me into full memopause 😡 Worst part my fibroids hasn't shrunk at all. This is only my third day on the Maca boost and last night I sleep great. I think because I drank or

By 8am this time .

• Posted

What happened ? How are you feeling ? It's now been almost two weeks on maca only and I feel great .

• Posted

Reducing the estrogen resulted in even heavier bleeding cry so was sent to Emergency Department today. They, in consultation with my gyneacologist over the phone, decided to withdraw all HRT immediately and have put me on a tablet to see if the bleeding will stop. Now I don't know what to expect - will the menopause return with a vengence??

• Posted

Oh no sorry to hear this. Why was it reduced? My foc gave me yesterday Premarin and lowered the estrogen but I don't want to take it. The fat on my hips are gone as of this week.

• Posted

I was told it was reduced to decrease the thickened lining of my uterus as they said my original bleeding was caused by over-stimulation of the lining. However, it made the bleeding much worse when I reduced the dose so eliminating it altogether has me a bit baffled!!
  • Posted

I know you wrote this quite some time ago but I just wanted to offer some valuable information. When you going to menopause your hormones deplete sometimes almost to nothing like me. I recently got HRT hormone replacement therapy and I feel awesome. I wish I had known about it before and I feel normal now happy energetic and in motivated to do things. You might ask your doctor to check your hormone levels just to see the best one on the market is called biote. It's a natural hormone replacement that is pretty close to our own hormone levels are. Within a day or so I was feeling so good and kept getting better and better. Before hormone replacement therapy I was tired and unmotivated, not feeling too happy ,,just going through the motions of life. I hope you'll follow through it's amazing what it can do for you

• Posted

Ok Adriana,  WHAT IN THE WORLD IS BIOTE?   I've never heard of it.  

• Posted

How Gail, I had never heard of it either, but I change doctors because my old doctor kept telling me the same old thing. My new younger Dr after my hearing my complaints asked if she could check my hormone levels. the results came back and it was unbelievable she said I had zero on all types of hormones. She suggested biote. It has been around for many many years that dates back to the 40s I believe is what she said. It is very safe it is the closest to our natural hormones it is an implant that last up to 4 to 6 months. I just had my second implant. I was very skeptical at first so I went online and I read up on it and she gave me a book to read up as well the way I was feeling was so bad that I decided that what the heck I need to try something. Now I have more energy my focus is there a motivated my hair is thickened up, my nails are growing. Libido is up.! My husband is very happy about that. There have been a lot of good things that come out of it to sum it up a better quality of life. I know I must sound like a commercial but this just works that well. the only thing that got me was that insurance doesn't cover the implant but it did Cover the testing

• Posted

So I just looked it up.  While the name (biote)  must just be the brand or something, you're doing estrogen and testosterone implant pellets.  The way I found that name written was bioTE.  Simply referring to the fact that it is bioidentical Testosterone and Estrogen.  They are becoming quite common.  I know we have a women who does them in my city (at least one)  

Do you still have your uterus, and if so, are you doing progesterone in pill form daily?

• Posted

My numbers went down Andy dr out me on bio indentical hormomes and they made me crazy .   I was losing my memory and my head literally felt heavy. I took myself off cold turkey and felt bad for a few days and after that I felt like myself again.  It’s been a year and I feel fine other than the vaginal dryness . 
  • Posted

Find a different Dr. And don't stop looking until you find a Dr. that will run labs for estrogen, progesterone, testosterone total and free, thyroid, DHEA, cortisol, iron, etc. And continue to look for a Dr. until you feel well. For example if it says your estrogen is "IN RANGE" of the labs and you still don't feel well keep asking questions and get another opinion. Many Drs say, "OH, your estrogen is in range. But the range might be 0-100 and if yours is 2 you might be in range but you won't feel good. Good luck!

• Posted

This is great advice, Hope Again! I live in the states and you can get any lab test you want without needing a doctor. This has been such freedom for me to go on my own and order all of the tests you have suggested. While insurance does not cover these tests when you go to these labs on your own - I've decided my health and well being, as well as taking charge of my own situation (instead of begging or insisting my DR give me test) is of utmost importance for the first time in my life! I've followed another discussion you've posted on the pellets. Right now I am trying over the counter creams to see if that will be enough for me. If not, I will then start trying the things you've mentioned. Thanks for inspiring me not to give up!

• Posted

NEVER GIVE UP. I saw many Drs and even 3 endocrinologists and never got anywhere. Finally my new Dr. will run any test I want. You shouldn't have to beg your Dr. to run a test. Do your own research and if you think they should run say a thyroid test because your skin is dry and you are tired just ask. If the Dr. says no it isn't necessary then look for a Dr. that will. My insurance covers all my labs so I just have to ask. I started into meno 3 years ago and it has been exhausting. It took several different Drs to finally get the testosterone added. I did my own research and realized that the range of testosterone you see on your lab is for all females that go to that lab. That means the range of say 8 to 60 for total T is for girls aged 5 and a 95 year old woman. For me testosterone replacement was the only thing that gave me my libido back. After I did research and LOTS of it and started learning stuff on my own I got somewhere. When I asked one endocrinologist about testosterone and he said no I said, "I have the testosterone level of a 7 year old female." He then paused and said, "OK." smile I had found typical testosterone levels by age for females online and my testosterone was that of a 7 year old girl. No libido. I had one endocrinologist tell me no testosterone also. She said, "Unless you want to be a man!" I wasn't asking for a mans level. I was asking for a healthy in the middle of the range female level. Another thing I learned too is that ranges are broad. Just search yourself, ask lots of questions, keep going. I know someone that was taking HRT and I asked her what are you taking? She said, "I don't know. They are pills." I said is it estrogen? Progesterone? She didn't even know. After the pills failed to work she gave up on HRT. I probably research too much but you know what? I met my husband at the age of 15 when we started dating. I got married at 17. He was and is my best friend. When I hit menopause I thought I lost my mind! Literally. Panic attacks. No sleep. Hearing things. I felt crazy. I had zero vaginal sensation. Go back and read my older posts from a few years ago. I went to Dr. after Dr. and had MRI's done to see why I lost all sensation in my body. I developed blood sugar problems. Skin problems. Etc. No Dr. ever asked did you have your hormones checked? I actually started going to counseling because I thought I had become delusional! The counselor was the one that asked me to have my hormones checked. Sure enough. My estrogen was undetectable! My progesterone was .3 and my total testosterone was 15. As soon as I started hormones I knew that was the missing ticket. Nothing was perfect but finally I could think. Every woman is different. Don't let other women tell you they sailed through it. I didn't. I was almost hospitalized many times feeling insane. I literally grieve and want to cry over the stories I read and women going through this. It can be horrific. Over and over and over and over, literally thousands of times I said, "THIS IS GONNA BE THE HARDEST THING YOU HAVE EVER DONE" You know when I said that? When I wanted to run barefoot out of the house because I felt nuts. I told myself, "This is gonna be the hardest thing you have ever done but close the door." I said it when I went to visit my husband at his job and as I was leaving I looked at him and it was like his face didn't register the same feelings. He felt strange or distant. I had to tell myself, "This is going to be the hardest thing you have ever done but go get in the car and go home with him feeling strange to you." I could go on and on. My point is in the very back of my mind I knew that it didn't feel right. I knew that my mind was not working right and yet I, ME, JUST ME, had to fight for me. I had to keep going. I used to have a marriage and sex life that was beautiful and I was not going to give up. I had a mind that that used to be able to think and I refused to give up. Here I am 3 years later after thousands of dollars, feeling humiliated by many Drs and nurses, way too many tests, and yet I still refuse to give up. I do have my libido back. It is not great but it is there. I do have my sleep back. Again not great sleep but good enough. My mind is pretty good too. If I had never fought myself I would probably be in a mental institution. Seriously. Trust YOUR gut and never give up. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.