ok is this pain normal?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Day 6 after operation and i have got severe pain right where my gall bladder was. If i breath too deep it hurts more. Is this normal? I wasnt expecting such high pain levels x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's still early days yet. Is it just under your ribs where you had a cut made that's causing you pain? If so that's where they take the gallbladder out so will be a little bashed and bruised. Mine was like a severe stitch but it went off after a week or so. It may not look much of a wound but they've really had a good poke around inside so it could be this that's causing it. I hope you feel better soon xx
  • Posted

Yes it's normal my pain shifts all over my body see if it moves tomorrow I'm 10 days post op had that pain yesterday and last week today it's moved   But remember 1 your liver is working sending out constant bile so may ache a little and two you've had instruments poking in that area so will be bruised xx
  • Posted

Hey, there! It could be nothing really...just the pain from the cut. Or maybe from the gas that they usually put in during the surgery and can be quite uncomfortble and painful afterwards until it is fully gone. But it could also be a stone they missed and left in the duct. This is not very likely, but still possible. So if the pain persists, or gets worse...or generally worries you too much, I would say visit your doctor just to be on the safe side. Hope you get better soon!
  • Posted

It was normal for me. I am six weeks out and experienced some sort of pain daily until about three days ago when it was nothing to almost nothing. Today it is a little worse. I had severe pain episodes for 5-6 days after surgery. Good luck and keep us posted. 
  • Posted

Yes it's normal . I had it too. Thought the gall bladder pain had returned ! am two weeks post op . Pain still grumbling there . Post op pains that's all . I know your panicking just like I was - none of us want that gall bladder colic pain back !

Anything more severe and still happening months down like the line could be a rogue stone left behind . That's worse case scenario so for now take painkillers ( tramadol ) good and put hot water bottle on it . Hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.