Olanzopine Experiences?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, I've just been prescribed 2.5mg of Olanzapine to treat my stubborn severe depression and anxiety along with increase dose of Venlefaxine to 300mg.

Apart from weight gain which I understand is a common side effect has anyone any advise or experience With this drug? 

Neil 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

My niece takes this and it helps her a lot.. Plus she takes Prozac,xanax.. 
    • Posted

Olanzapine helps with her anxiety. Do you take any other meds?
    • Posted

I'm on Venlefaxine, Buspirone and Propranalol the last two im cutting back on so will just be on Ven and Olanzapine. I do have a small supply of diazepam. 

Saw Psychiatrist today who increased venlefaxine and added Olanzapine as depression  severe depression with anxiety. 

N

• Posted

Do you like the venlefaxine? And how does the buspirone work for you? I have migraines and high bp due to my anxiety. Hoping the propanolol works
    • Posted

I've been on it for around 10 years as my depression is a genetic type rather than reactive, I've always tolerated it and only side effect is that I find it difficult to finish a wee off... Gets me some funny looks in the gents.

Down side appears to be a bit of tollerance hence its been increased to 300mg per day which is above the outpatient dose. It's difficult to say how buspirone has been as my GP says it's a bit hit and miss but wirked in the past for me, you need to take it for a couple of weeks to notice any effects but it is apparently a good anti anxiolitic when taken with anti depressants.

Propranalol shoukd blood for migraines, I suffer from "Cluster Headaches" abd just been going through a bout, worst pain known to mankind! So I take Varipamil to prevent them when in "cluster" abd have sumitriptan injections if one sneaks through. I can go years without a bout but if I'm in a prolonged period of stress it triggers them off.

Uou can get sumitriptan nasal sprays or tablets for migraines, unfortunately the nasal spray won't really touch a cluster headache at least for me hence why I need the injection type. 

Hope you feel better soon. N 

• Posted

Where do I get the pills from? Are they over the counter?
    • Posted

I take lexapro 10mg and my propanolol 20 mg which I increase to 40 mg next week and ativan 0.5mg as needed..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.