Old and Tired

Posted , 5 users are following.

I don't really like talking about my personal problems but I'm at the end of my rope.  I've been in pshch wards, been on meds seen pshchs you name it and none of it seems to help with my sucidle thoughts and depression.  I've tried to kill myself on several occations and unfortunatly to no avail. I'm 56 years old with nothing to show for it . I use to have a good job and I screwed it up two and a half years ago .  I'm a compleat faluar!  Growing up I've been in abusive foster homes, institutions, and I lived on the streets of Chicago. Ever sense I quit my job two and a half years ago everything is my fault, our house got taken away, We are in debt up to our eyeballs, if you don't belive me that this is my fault just ask my husband of 27 years he'll tell you . No one wants to hire an unexperienced uneducated old lady.  All my life it's been nothing but faluar and missery I can't take  it anymore!  Better off dead!

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello Betty I am really sorry you are going through such a rough time but believe me you are not alone I have been were you are now and it's not nice,

you have nothing to blame your self for the abuse was not your fault I to was abused many many years ago and I am still trying to deal with it I have also tried killing my self but it did not work I self harm break bones have done for years now I also suffer with depression and it's not nice please don't blame your self for any thing if you ever want to chat I am hear for you any time you are not alone Betty message me any time please take care Geri,

ps if you need to chat I am hear GeriGeri

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You're better off alive. There's still time to make a change. Who says you're top old except you? I see someone who is very caring and could do some serious good. You could go traveling, volunteer, go to college and get your dream job. (A cool fact the oldest man to go to university is 97 year old Allan Stewart) Therapists are people too, you need to push through despite how you feel. If the problem persists meds will help. Maybe instead think how can I earn the money to pay off these debts. Its a challenge and you can do it. The change has to come from you, instead of saying things are really bad you tell yourself, yeah im not at my best at the moment, but what can I do to make things better and there's always something!!!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up