OMG

Posted , 1 user is following.

On reading some of the reviews i think im gonna cut down and wean myself off these mt ive been on them for two months 30mg. I am shocked at the reviews and on reading them ive decided to cut down and wean off them> My experiance of mt has been that they help me sleep, ive sufferd a few panic attacks at first. Ive gone completley off sex my partner thinks im selfish and frigid and we now sleep in seperate rooms. I dont laugh and i cant understand any jokes or have a joke. What a mess. Ive started crying at the drop of a hat. i live in cuckoo land half the time. maybe my life was not so bad afterall before i started taking them.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

yeah - good point. we've only had sex about twice since I started taking them so it's causing extra stress.:shock: She is sympathetic about me taking the mirt but just thinking out loud, I need to get her to initiate things at a good moment as I'm mostly too spaced out. Or more numb and emotionless than frigid.
  • Posted

You have summed it nicey, sounds like you are writing about my life. I think my life wasn't as bad before talking MT. They have changed my psychiatrist and he doesn't seem to listen to me and makes me very angry, what should I do?
  • Posted

i have cut down on the tablets, on my won ive not got to go back to mu gp for another 3 weeks. i feel so much better not so spaced out but calm and im enjoying life again without worrying, its great. Im still getting a grat nights sleep by taking half a tablet, feeling sooooooo much better think i could stay this way for ever.
  • Posted

Are you taking half of a 30mg tablet? I have been taking 15mg very successfully but I am off them now. My psychiatrist told me that 15mg was not a therapeutic dose. If you reduce further I suggest you do it in consultation with your GP. From 15mg I had horrendous withdrawals although the inital effects of the drug were good apart from the weight gain that is.
  • Posted

i am taking half a 15mg tablet, it means i sleep at night still but feel normal ( dont know what normal is for most people of course ) im sure i will have to come off them eventually. I havnt noticed any side effects at all. Maybe im just lucky.
  • Posted

Only been taking 15mg for a few days now, and it's given me hope! I've suffered from depression for about 8 years, which I can actually live with. The killer has been paralysing anxiety, which has resulted in curling into a ball unable to think or move for hours at a time, and those episodes can go on for weeks.

I've tried Seroxat (made me feel worse), Paroxetine and Citalopram (no effect whatsoever), and Venlafaxine (mild uplift outweighed by side effects). I gave up the latter after a bereavement (my wife), when I felt so bad that there didn't seem any point in persevering with it when it was only scraping the surface.

Had really bad anxiety again though, and the Doc has put me on these. Sleeping like a log. Wake up with no anxiety. Pretty chirpy. Got my appetite back. Starts to wear off a little in the evening, but I can live with that. Even if the effects do reduce after a few weeks, at least I know that there [i:5bffa122bc]is[/i:5bffa122bc] something chemically wrong, and there [i:5bffa122bc]are[/i:5bffa122bc] treatments that can actually correct the imbalance now they know where to look.

Feeling good !!

• Posted

Glad some one else is ok on the mt. Keep smiling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.