OMG..drives me crazy!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else suffer with Cramp, Restless legs at night and Spasm like feelings if you try to stretch on waking up in the morning..

I also ache all over every day but still work 2 jobs as I can't afford to come out of work...I actually feel like a zombie most days dragging my left leg as it won't work...TBH i feel completely useless lately!!!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

Cramp has me hopping around like some crazy person. Dog can't understand and thinks it's some kind of early morning game.   Get the aching - but never in the same place for long although upper arms are constantly painful. Still trying to get used to the pacing myself and not doing too much on good days otherwise it is payback the next.  I have to work too so it's onwards and upwards.  I have found that hypnotherapy, diet (cutting out refined sugars and gluten) works to some extent for me along with gentle exercise.  No doubt somebody else will be along with some suggestions for you. Take care
  • Posted

Hi kyroar I suffer terrible with cramps my legs are always restless on a night time. my left leg is not good at all at the miniute. Im having to drag it and put all my weight on my right leg. the left side of my body is very weak. I feel for you having to cope with 2 jobs I ve been their and done that.fibro symptoms come and go sometimes they can last for a couple of days or a week just depends we are all different with how the symptoms affect us. take care gentle hugs hope both our legs soon improve
  • Posted

i haven't been diagnosed as yet but my Dr has referred me an appointment is on 16/7 so i will hopefully I will get some answers, its all been going on for over two years and all previous tests came back inconclusive and i was made to feel like I was making it up. Thankfully ive seen a better Dr who has really helped me. Right now im sat typing an i have pain in my legs, bum, back and arms...this is constant so something is definitely not right...i hate it all! I can't do anything I used to do anymore which is frustrating, i work but  its hard....feel old before my time!!! Gggrrrrrrrrrrr! x
    • Posted

it took me 10 years to get a diagnoses so frustrating many tests rangeing from bloods to mri ct scans heart scan lung tests brain scan you name it Ive had it. finally because all the tests come back negative my gp refered me to rheumatologist who after more tests diagnosed fibro. its normally a rheumotologist that diagnoses fibro.fibro is all about pain and the pain can hit every part of your body. you get many many symptoms with fibr their are over 100 symptoms rangeing from tinnitus earache fibro fog unable to grasp things painful fingers many many other symptoms. but the main thing with fibro is pain take care
    • Posted

lucky you my rheumotologist wouldnt even entertain the idea of Fibro, I just a sorry but i have no diagnois for you
    • Posted

I cant believe he said that to you omg, Im speechless. its a rheumatologist that diagnoses the fibro I cant understand what hes playing at. he cant be good at his job thats the whole reason for being refered to a rheumatologist stupid man go back to your gp and complain about him and see what they say
    • Posted

the rheumatologist I saw sent me for more blood tests a bone scan  to rule out rhumatoid arthritus  he did a pressure point test their are 18 in total over different parts of your body I got the full 18. when the results came back I had low vitamin d he gave me my diagnoses which was fibromyalgia and said to me to go and see my gp for meds. the rheumatologist you saw is unbelievable Im shocked by him. thank goodness the 1 I saw knew what he was doing. because if he hadnt I would of been back to my gp to complain
  • Posted

Hi kyroar i know what you are going throughcos i am the same at mo though only one job mt doc is sending me a xray on my knee to find out what has happened to my knee dont give up and let it beat you im trying not to its easier said than done hugs
  • Posted

A mirror image of myself at night Kyroar.  The only thing to do is to leap out of bed ( haha as if), and stand on your wayward toes with the other foot - providing you can actually get your knees together, then stretch the cramped muscles in foot and leg as best you can and walk around a bit until they relax enough to get back into bed.  In my case, the memory foam mattress extends beyond the bed (bought the wrong size), so have to also be aware of the slippery slope to the floor if I hit the wrong spot when trying to get in or out of bed, but I doubt there is another numpty like me out there.  Flippancy aside, cramp is what I fear most,,,that and losing control, not a good place to be.

I wonder, are you drinking enough?  I find dehydration triggers cramp, so I'd rather drink more and go to the loo nocte than stifle the screaming abdabs!

Blessings

Chickabee

• Posted

There is a product called crampex which has great reviews for nighttime cramp if you are suffering with traditional leg cramp. I experimented with it for tight muscles that won't release elsewhere and it didn't help but for proper normal leg cramps (Charlie horse) it's supposed to be very good.
  • Posted

when I get cramp in my legs at night I get out of bed walk round the room for a while until it eases. that normally works for me
  • Posted

Yes i get this but mostly at night, and when my period is due, drives me crazy the only thing that settles it for me is to go to sleep
  • Posted

Shocking cramps  and spasms everywhere anytime...especially if. I'm sitting too long, we went to a friends place last night for dinner, we just sat chatting at the table from 6-11pm..then we drive home..22 kilometre...spasms in bed all night...grrrr....I take all natural stuff for  it..but sometimes I'm own worst enemy...lol..:-xxxx
    • Posted

hi christine I find if  I sit too long my legs go really stiff and I cant move. so I have to sit a bit then get up and move around. the same goes for being in a car My legs go as stiff as a board I struggle to get out the car. I can now only do very short journeys because of the stiffness and the pain Im in from being in the carsad gentle hugs take care  
    • Posted

Know what you mean there Kaz, I even have to keep getting up when I'm watching TV in my electric recliner..grr...mm Fibro...have a lovely day..be blessed.,:-) xxxxfrown
    • Posted

Thanks Kaz, ..you too..trouble is we have to keep moving or we stiffen up...and the moving makes us soooo tired..be blessed ;-) xx
    • Posted

hi christine yes we must keep moving hun, onwards upwards as they say. hope you have a good day as you possibly can gentle hugs take caresmile xx
    • Posted

Just about to go to bed, it's 10pm here...I've had a lovely day....ni nite..:-) xx
    • Posted

nite nite christine hope you sleep wellsmilexx pleased to hear youve had a lovely day x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.