OMG! I can’t do this ! Perimenopause !

Posted , 15 users are following.

This is the worst thing I’ve ever been through ! I was run over by a car some years ago and at least I knew with all the injuries and rehab I was going to get better but this thing! When does it get easier ?????

I just got divorced so at a low point anyway coupled with all these horrible feelings it’s like I have the worst flu everyday .

Wake up and takes me hours to fully wake up ... exhausted all the time and like many others believe I have Lyme MS Lupus Chronic  Fatigue something !!! How can this subject not be THE subject for women ?

I had no clue . Hot flashes grumpiness clumsiness can deal with all of that no biggie . However the mental anguish the fatigue .... panic .. weak legs .. dizziness.. have to drag myself to workout and can’t make any plans to go out as exhausted ALL the time !

My get up and go has gone and living alone with a cat and no job ...how am I going to start this new life ???

My last period  was December and like a bullet these symptoms just came on 2 months ago . I see friends my age just getting on with their lives and doing things I’m mostly stuck at home now and it’s terrible . 

Started the bio identical hormones but the progesterone interferred with my sleep and the estrogen cream I believe brought my vertigo back . 

Help !!!! 

7 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh and I've mentioned this 100 times but I'll mention it again... the dang eye floaters don't help my anxiety!!! 😪 

• Posted

Had that years ago and can handle it ... it’s the bloody depression fatigue anxiety ! 

If only we were educated and prepared for this time ? Maybe some people get it worse than others ? This was supposed to be my year of fun after going through divorce for 4 years ... ha! Forget that ! We need a medal from the Queen once we get through this ! It’s the toughest thing I’ve ever been through !!! God help us !!! 

• Posted

I know!!! It’s awful!! The anxiety, sweats, and aching legs/hips!! I feel like I’ve lost the person I once was!! Full of joy!!  Praying this ends soon!!! 
  • Posted

Hi Ladies

I have read your posts and most of you are missing something 'accepting', accepting the menopause, accepting the changes, until you recognise that this is a natural transition (a mostly unpleasant one at that) mentally you won't be able to control the anxiety, which leads too most of the other symptoms you are experiencing.

how so I know because I have had all the symptoms you describe and still get them but I accepted the changes I tell myself there will be an ending, It has taken me 2 years , eating healthily, mild exercise and accepting the 28 lb weight gain, self relaxation and hypnotherapy. It hasn't all been a holistic approach, on Prozac for 1 + years and had progesterone coil fitted.

you have to be strong mentally once you are it all becomes a little easier

take care

• Posted

I had a UFE for fibroids but lately been very anxious about everything especially bleeding at the moment going to ask for a hysterectomy when I go to the hospital hoping this will make things better is this peri menopause though as wake up sweating and feeling sick and have had bad piles lately. Just feel anxious about everything and men don’t understand how we feel x
    • Posted

Hi Amanda

Yes this definitely sounds like peri as anxiety seems to be a very common symptom and sweating is a symptom of anxiety and feeling sick. Mine has eased off a bit this morning and am actually feeling like a bit of porridge and some fruit this morning but I still don't feel right and just dread each day as I don't know what I'm gonna be hit with from day to day.

I wish it would all just end 😞

• Posted

Lori, of what I know regarding perimenopause, 60% of women have moderate symptoms, 20% of women breeze right through it, and 20% have such a tough time that some women get suicidal.  I’m now 54 and post menopausal.  I was in perimenopause for nine years.  I belonged in the 60% group.  Aggravating at times and a nuisance but not so horrible.  The best thing I did for myself was I made sure my diet was extremely healthy.  In your case, if your diet is good, then I hope you’ll look into bio-identicals that should help lessen things.  Magnesium glycinate helped me a lot and still does.  I take 400 mgs. nightly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.