OMG....I think I am losing my mind

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am 46 and think I am entering the perimenopausal zone sad Does anyone else get anxious/jittery??? 

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

CERTAINLY! sad sad sad
    • Posted

One moment full of energy other time big fatigue. I feel very unsocial. Have pain under right ribcage. I haven't had period for a few months but I feel very wet as if I am.having period. I have cramps....list is long. ..

• Posted

Jittery as in feeling internal shakes?  I get that! 
  • Posted

Welcome to the group and yes we are all having the same symptoms.

Anxiety is the beginning and then the jitters and hot flashes and cold feet. And pain in the boobs the left side speciality. Oh and the feeling of sudden doom

That's just the tip...😣

• Posted

Oh crap....I am having all of those sad Any tips on dealing with the impending doom (GREAT way of describing it by the way) feeling??
  • Posted

I like to watch comedy shows, go on line and look at beautiful vacation destinations.

Anything to avoid thinking deeply about doom 😣

• Posted

I sometimes feel like I am going bonkers. I’ve been in escitalopram since the birth of my second child 8 years ago, I suffered major anxiety after he was born and it’s bwver really left me.

So now that I am feeling even more anxious ( I’m 48) I don’t know if it’s my anxiety getting worse or I am entering another phase.

I keep getting ‘fluttering’ in my tummy and feel like I can feel my pulse throbbing in my neck... whatever the reason it’s awful and making me a nervous wreck!

• Posted

I am with you 100%. I am scared to leave the house sometimes not know how/when/if my anxiety will kick in. I am fine until I think of it and then BAM..anxiety city. I am so hyper aware of every feeling in my body and when something twitches, hurts, etc...I think I am going to die or have a heart attack. I have just been diagnosed with Hashimotos (low thyroid) and some of my symptoms have to do with that but i am 46 and both my mother and grandmother started early menopause in their early mid-40s so i am sure I am there too.  So annoying and frustrating.

• Posted

It’s just so frightening, it makes me want to scream as I ‘used to be such a confident happy person, now I feel I’m anxious and exhausted all the time.  I can’t honestly see me ever getting better.. I’ve been like this for 8 years, but out of now where it’s loads worse...😢

• Posted

I know. I feel the same way, never had a care in the world until all of this started two months ago. Have you been to the doctor?
    • Posted

I’m on escitalopram so I’m go to the doctor for that and we have a chat about how I’m feeling, he is great, but beside upping my medication (which I don’t want to do)I just don’t know what he can do.

My anxiety first started after my delivery, they said it was a form of post natal... but it’s just never went, most of the time with the medication it’s fine, but recently it’s became increasingly worse and I’m feeling so ‘detached and removed’ a lot of the time... it really gets me down, which in turn makes my anxiety worse.

It’s funny but up until this started I was always against medication, but now I think I just wouldn’t be able to function without it, but I really don’t want to increase my dosage as I do live in hope I will come off it one day!

• Posted

I totally get that. I am feeling very antisocial and distant from friends. So tired but "wired" at the same time to due to a flush of hormones/anxiety/palpitations etc.. I would give anything to feel "normal" again

• Posted

Hi,

I haven’t but it has crossed my mind, are those symptoms of thyroid problems? 

• Posted

Yes menopause and thyroid symptoms are similar. I am menopausal and under active thyroid for 8 years.

When my symptoms got to their worst the shaking inside and the pulse in my throat resulted in being my thyroid meds needing adjusting. Mention to your gp as symptoms are same

• Posted

Did you also get palpitations, I feel I am getting those all the time to, although it may just me being g so anxious that’s giving me palpitations..😩. 

I’m at my doctors tomorrow I’ll discuss it with him, thank you!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.