OMG menopause!! Completely lost

Posted , 12 users are following.

Just been diagnosed at 41!!!

Feel like cr*p and not sure where to start 😞.

The Dr put me in hrt last month and things seemed good, night sweats stopped, the odd flush during the day (i could live with that) and actually started to feel like me again!! Now I feel like I've hit the floor!!! Warm all the time (the girls in the office freeze because I've had the air con on) feel like crying or shouting at someone!! Trying to work two jobs, pay bills and look after my son but this is so bloody hard!!!!

Not sure what to do or where to turn, don't know what to do for the best 😓

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Karen46733 when u start feeling bad just go somewhere to yrself.close Yr eyes and breath in and out.this will come u down
  • Posted

I understand completely. The anxiety is killing me. And the crying for no damn reason. I can't take much more of this.

• Posted

Hi Kathryn

I ding know about everyone else but I cut out sugar and choclsted out of my diet and I can't believe the difference it has o n my stress and anxiety, I was so afraid and nervous about every thing and on efgr the whole time, I wouldn't stay home alone ,and if I was alone all day I wouldn't eat, I was afraid to go any were by myself, my life was falling apart, I thought I was losing my mind , but when j cut out the sugar etc, omg I can't believe the stress levels have dropped so much, I don't mi d been alone now, and I go to town alone and I even started back going for walks, now its in built up areas not back roads or any thing, but this is brilliant for me, plus Thr walk gives me more energy , I feel alive again, not just existing which I have been for the last 4 plus years,,, o thank god for this,its worth not putting a chocolate in my mouth ever again,

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Thank you so much!! I do eat a lot of sugar I think I

will try an cut back. I was so afraid of being home

alone as well for some reason that has gotten better

but the anxiety is terrible!!! I going to start walking in the evening to see if that would help me sleep better

at night.

• Posted

I second that michelle. I was a real sweet tooth.....i would have 4 coffees a day with sugar and craved lollies. When I hit the wall last October with bad peri symptoms I went caffeine free and cut right back on sugar.

It took about 3 months but it really made a difference. I also eat every couple of hours (esp protein) which helps the spacy feeling.

I still get mild symptoms (sweats anxiety)

But nowhere near as bad.

• Posted

Well I hope it. Makes you feel as good for you. I had been eating choclate every day and then if I was tired during the day I would eat choclate for sugar rise. Then after 2 hours I would drop energy again I was so tired.the sugar had my Anxiety through the roof and my energy levels at rock bottom. . I really hope it is as good for you when you cut it out. I Am so much better now. I just can't believe the effect it was having on me. Good luck. And. Let me know how you get on. We will get there in the end.

• Posted

Just hang in there things will get better. It takes time......your on the road now to feeling normal again.

Be kind to yourself that's the best thing at the minute 

Debs 

• Posted

You sound like me this morning at 44...I can't even give you any real advice. Since this is the first month I have missed a period other then pregant. And I am just entering into this crazy thing they call perimenopausal. My heat/cold flashes just started and I feel like I can kill someone. BUT these ladies on this site have been wonderful with loads and loads of information. All in one day! If anyone will be able to point you and I on this journey it is these amazing woman. Hang in there..And keep reading and I know we will both be ok! 

• Posted

dear lady. Did you know that the less estrogen your uterus gets, the lower your chances are of Uterine cancer later? Explain to the girls and perhaps they can bring jackets...Anyhow, go back to your dr and tell him, maybe there is some other solution. Hang in there!xx
  • Posted

Hi Karen! May I ask what hrt is? I new here as well

hoping to get some helpful information!

• Posted

Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) is given to some women whose estrogen and progesterone levels drop significantly because of the menopause. Estrogen and progesterone are hormones. HRT tops up a woman's levels of essential hormones.

• Posted

Thank you Karen I'm new to this whole menopause

thing! I'll be 49 in October and I just feel miserable most of the time. I feel like I don't get a break between my cycle since I'm still having them. Last

year at my yearly check up the doctor told me she

noticed changes in my Pap smear. I'm sure she was

correct as I'm am here a year later feeling like this.

• Posted

I completely get where your coming from, it's the most awful feeling in the world,  just wish I never felt like this and it's hard for people who aren't going through it to understand--

• Posted

Hi Karen,

You need to go back to your doctor and tell him/her that the HRT stopped working.

• Posted

I went back on Monday but at the moment they want me to carry on. He kept going on about my bleeds but I kept saying that those I could live with (have done for years) its the headaches and moods that I'm struggling with.

ive googled and googled but I'm not sure if I'm confusing myself even more 😢

• Posted

Oh no.  They're suppose to change your dosage. My doctor immediately took me off the hrt that was causing my headaches and put me on a low dose menopausal birth control pill. After trying 2 different pills, I finally was put on one that didn't cause headaches, and it also regulated my hormones.

Reading up on what causes headaches is: Estrogen is causing your blood vessels to dilate, progesterone causes your blood vessels to constrict, as hormones fluctuate, blood vessels are forced to expand and contract causing headaches.

I'd stop the hrt, call the doctor and tell him/her you stopped the pill and want to try a different pill that won't cause you headaches. That's what I'd do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.