OMG My heart & my head :-(

Posted , 6 users are following.

So just over a year ago the doctors said I had anxiety something I've never had before and that just came out of no-where, we after weeks of headaches & dizziness I thought tonight was the night, that was it for me, I must have fallen asleep in bed and have woken up with my heart beating so fast it's unreal, it feels lke someone was thudding on my chest it was that bad also I've got intense pressure in my head don't know if the anxiety has caused this or if it the other way round but now I'm petrified to sleep as I keep thinking I won't wake up! I've managed to calm my heart rate down a bit and try to relax but I still feel on edge....! I am taking sertraline and propanranol at the mo but doubt it's them making me feel this way as been on them a while, it was so scary I am now really tense and panicking I'm going to die, I am sick of being sick I'm convinced there is more going on but docs think otherwise, I can't see how anxiety can give u such a bad head all the time without an underlying cause. X

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

What does of sertraline are you on? And how long have you been on it
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Completely normal. When you are dealing with anxiety you still have it while you sleep. I have intense anxiety while sleeping and will pop up out of sleep and gasp for air because I stopped breathing. It's 100% just anxiety. You will not die as you can see you are still alive and just fine. It is hard to deal with it and it's hard to make yourself not think you're gonna die because the feeling is so real and terrifying.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

How long have you been on the seratiline? SSRI could be making you worse..some people SSRIs aren't the answer...the anxiety med propranol...I found didn't help me much with anxiety.

​Have you ever tried Valerian root? It is similar to Melatonin...but I think in the UK you need a script for Melatonin (which is ridiculous)...but Valerian you do not?  It is soothing.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

its just your bodies reaction to ur panic.Its not going to hurt you its just ur trying to understand it
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey, that's totally normal.. Anxiety can attack your body in every area! The pressure in your head and having night terrors are classic symptoms of anxiety. Don't panic as it will make it worse.. You're body is under attack & you need to find a way to fight it. I've had anxiety for 3 years now and as soon as I deal with one problem, it physically moves on to a different part of my body, which is scary because each time I get symptoms of a life threatening illness & I know that probably isn't the case.

Try reading up on it & educating yourself of the matter you'll find it helps X

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up