On and off depression.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been depressed for about over 2 years now. I am 17 now turning 18 soon. I've started getting treatment for my depression when I was 15 but I know it started way before that. At first (I'm sure everyone is like this) I didnt know it was depression. I had no idea that I was depressed and thought that I was just going through some really tough over exaggerated teenage emotional problems, untill they got a little out of hand. I stopped talking to people, I stopped talking to my parents and when I was only able to say hatefull things that a child should never say to his/her parents. It was weird because I knew it was wrong the way I was behaving, the things I was saying, doing, and even thinking. But they just didnt stop. Eventually I started harming myself. Cutting myself large areas at a time. (This was also a shock to me because I am the biggest wuss you'll ever find and HATE pain.) Eventually my parents found out about my cutting and recalling my strange behavior they decided that a It would be a good thing for me to get some counsling. I talked to a therapist once a week for 1 and a half years and here I am still struggling. Eventually I just ran out of things to talk about. I mean what more can I talk about and how much more can I explain how I'm feeling when I don't even know what I'm feeling? So I stopped going. Told my parents I felt fine and I guess they thought they saw a change in me. (Note I was a very Bubbly Hyper Active person.)

Now this is where my title will start making sense. I thought I was fine for a few months, untill it came back. That feeling as soon as you wake up that today is going to be a horrible, hopeless day. The feeling of not wanting to do anything or eat anything, or somedays wanting to eat Everything you see. Just staying in the same position you have been in for hours and eventually falling alseep hopeing tomorrow will be a better day, but knowing you'll feel the same or worse. It comes so randomly that it always catches me off gaurd. I could literally have had the best day ever and then boom... CRASH I hate the world and the world hates me. But then without me even noticing, I feel fine again. Just good old me is back just like that. It's been like this for me ever since I've stopped my therapy. I don't know if it has to do with me maturing a little but the way my depression works now is different from when I was 15. I hide it. I don't need people knowing. I don't need it to be known. But sometimes I want everyone to know and feel for me. It's just a BUNCH of confusing feelings that I'm sure (and hope) that alot more people than just me understand. I don't really do this... more like I don't ever do this EVER. Talking or sharing about how I feel. but I read a couple other discussions on depression and it made me feel like sharing could help my brain out a little by letting some things out if you know what I mean... And soon enough I will probably feel stupid about feeling this was and doing this and feel all better and be on my way... but heaven knows I'll be back soon with less to say and less to feel. I just hate feeling this way and don't want to feel this way anymore. I want to feel better but is that even possible?

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey wakingup I know how u feel.I cut all the time when I feel down or something.I feel like the world is full of hate. I hate everything Im going to consuling cuz my parents told me I had to.tom I have to go and get my meds so I can be calmer.im going to 18 nxt month and my bf cheated on me I hate life and I under y its so stypid and y am I still here.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your bf, what an a$$hole!!! Being cheated on is horribly painful and it is not surprising you hate life right now. I hope he gets cheated on one day himself!!! Hang in there, you will come out stronger smile
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, yes it is possible to feel better. It is also true that often we feel so good we think we are healed or we can't believe we felt so bad, and then it returns suddenly. I think depression is just like that, also we can be triggered by certain things. Sometimes we can learn what those triggers are and avoid them. Also, writing things down is extremely helpful, and so is talking to others about it. I remember I was extremely depressed as a teenager but not as  much was known about depression back then and plus I was just told it was hormones or something. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yea I write all the time then my parents found out and read everything I hated them for a while fir invading my privacy it mad me really upset.now they keep asking if in ok and where my book is.I tell them im fine and that I throw the book away but I keep it with me all the time
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up