On Citalopram but beginning to feel worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I've been in cit for nearly 2 years now following the birth of my second child I think I was depressed first time around but never sought advice. 

I am starting to feel like I don't want to live anymore but feel my thoughts are selfish because I have a loving husband and 2 happy healthy children.  I work full time too however it's got more stressful recently with restructuring and my workload has increased.  I used to look forward to going to work.

I have no option but to work due to our financial situation so I feel guilty constantly about not being able to be there for my kids as much as I want to. 

I have short bursts of enthusiasm and happiness but mostly I feel fed up and have a total lack of energy.  I talk to my husband but I'm not sure he totally understand how much I'm struggling with my feelings. 

I guess I'm looking for someone to talk to and to help me get over this. 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Me too feels the same way but have reduced a lot after seeing a psychiatrist . I suggest you also see him as cit will just make you sleep well not take your anxiety or depression out .

Also you seems to be thinking alot an that again adds to your stress levels making you tired. Do you take a proper sound sleep ?

• Posted

Hi...

life gets overwhelming. It happens to everyone. Talk therapy has a lot to offer as far as coping tools an getting over the valley's climbing back up to the mtns.  

Great advice for everyone fighting D.biggrin

• Posted

Hi Laura

I think one of the difficult things about depression is the way your feelings slide from normal tiredness, stress, discouragement to being seriously depressed. The two things are actually quite different, but it's hard to know when one becomes the other, particularly when you have been depressed before. Perhaps one of the clues is guilt. It sounds like you are working really hard to keep things together, but have slipped (back) into depression - you need to speak to your doctor about how you are feeling. Drugs can be really helpful, but sometimes you need to change the dosage or change the drug. Try to be kind to yourself. Best wishes, Jo

• Posted

Hi Laura ..& Hi Jo...biggrin

u said it all very well..Laura...... Life in today's world can be stressful and some of us r a little more sensitive than others.. Also major life changes.. Health issues all adds up..loss grieving our old life too!

I know that from my experience meds helped me pass thru my serious depression. Then I was better equipped to use the tools needed to beat the big D.. U will too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.