On day 5 of cipralex 5mg....woke up with diarrhea. Any relation?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've been freaking out this morning as I've been having episodes of diarrhea. Not common for me at all. I'm on day 5 of cipralex and wondering if this could be the cause. I went to a bridal shower yesterday and asked if anyone else had diarrhea which doesn't seem that way. I'm petrified this is a flu as I have this severe phobia of throwing up. I've been drinking just water and having a freezie. I'm so scared....I had to take .50 of a clonazepam to calm me down earlier. I hate this.

Any inputs are appreciated.

1 like, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Hey Sandi, sorry you feel bad. Hang in there. Speak to your Dr, maybe that is one of the side effects. I haven't tried it so sorry don't know. cheesygrin
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think and am almost positive that it's a side effect of the Cipralex. I'm still on 10 mg of Prozac and 45 of Paxil taper. I am supposed to start my cycle this week and my anxiety is horrible. I feel nauseous from my gastritis.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Really? Even on day 5? I haven't eaten. Im drinking water which upsets my stomach and my bowels. ..

I'm so freaked out. I too am due for my period anytime now

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yep, it's a side effect. I had nausea and a headache for about a week or more on Prozac recently. My withdrawal from coming off Paxil is giving me chills. I have felt so bad today. I'm praying once my menstrual cycle comes and goes my anxiety won't be as bad. I've got a doc appointment tomorrow a little over an hour away and I dread it. My anxiety is going to be in full swing. I sure hope my nausea isn't bad tomorrow.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I would say its a medication side effect
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi,

I am also taking Cipralex and have had awful diarrhea everyday and i am now on week 3 of taking Cipralex. I read that the side effects fade over time but mine havent yet. Is it safe to take immodium with cipralex? Or should i just hope that the diarrhea will stop soon?

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you have fresh ginger in your house cut a few slices and let steep in a cup of hot water and sip all day. Use ice chips to rehydrate or some gatorade but small sips...if you need too. Diarrhea dehydrates. Feel better. Dont be scared it will all pass in a week if its illness or sooner if its a side effect or a even sooner if its a fluke and little bug passing through (literally lol) you could have simply touched a surface someone else touched and got. A germ bug. It happens. If you still have it in 24hrs call your doctor and verify if it medicine related. Your body is fixing itself and ridding what it feels its the culprit so let it be. We are meant to fight germs off. This will pass. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up