On endep 10mg getting sicker everyday.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Been on endep 10mg. for 5 weeks .for insomnia although sleeping better waking up un rested zombie all day. Getting worse. Unmotivated. Lethargic fatigue lost interest in everthing. Brain feels clogged and sedated 24/7. Ears ringing like crazy. Headaches... sweating +++++.this not normal it cant be. Cant function like this...any ideas. Been on other mood changing meds before i only ever get the side effects not the benefits. Thinking i need to get off this. How do i do that safely. I would rather have reduced sleep than not have my brain. Please can any one help. Want my active happy life back.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Theg, I assume your GP is trying various meds to control insomnia and anxiety? I, like you, have side effects to many drugs and it is very hit and miss. If you can't talk to your GP for advice and are sure it is in your best interests to discontinue, cut down very slowly ie take one every other day for at least a week, then one every 3 days for a week or so, then if you are feeling alright cut down to one every 5 days before coming off them completely. Please see your GP asap to advise you are coming off your meds and talk through alternatives. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

Hiya...Theg, i wouldnt go off it, give it time..a few months, we are all so different..this is my info on the med. I wouldnt do without it..for sleep and pain for sure.

Amithriptilyne isΒ  the only med I take for Fibro...gives me a great pain free sleep..- no pain..still feel a tad drowsy waking up...but that sleep is what makes this Fibro manageable for me..only get flare ups now..onceΒ  it was just constantΒ  pain almost everywhere and sleepless nights..I take it 7pm before bed..it really does work wonders ( for me..that is,) we are all very different..I take 25 mg...never had it increased either ...started on 50mg but I was like a zombie...all the next day..dropped to 10mg for a while-still not too good but 25 mg is perfect for me..it is actually an antidepressant that works excellent for pain..it numbs the nerve ends and stops the pain from jumping on to the next nerve..hence a very painful body...the antidepressant is probably a lil bonus as most of get depressed from time to time..yes it does knock me out to give me that great sleep which is just sooo needed, to be able to deal with the pain etc the next day..but once I'm up and dressed..I'm fine.....Its great...16yrs down the track..have to be woken up in the morning..but once up and about I'm just fine.....when I was first on them I was like a zombie..but it's like a miracle med for me... it takes a while to settle in. ..also, please remember that less stress is the key to Fibro....be blessed..have a lovely day..:-) xxx

• Posted

Hi christine thanks. I have no. Pain. 5 weeks and more of a zombie every day. Seems to b getting worse. I cant go to work... i have to think ro eat shower do anything. How long will it take....sex no way...i losing everything. Except ability to breathe.
    • Posted

I was exactly the same when J first started the too..but i was originally given 5Omg...so it took a few months to get the right disage..even though your on a low dose maybe cutting it in half might work? You might just be on too strong a dose for you? I take mi e fir fibromyalgua oain/ muscle spasms and sleep as the pain just keeps me awake..hope you find helwhat you need on here be bkessed Theg, have a lively day...are you in Australia as other countries dont call it Endep like us....

im in Tasmania..😚😚😚😘😘😍😍

• Posted

Amitriptyline . (Endril ) i think. I in southern country victoria
    • Posted

I love country Victoria, we are from Sydney 22 years ago, moved here, its Gods own best best kept secret, I love Ballarat, Bendigo and Geelong too, have travelled to most places in Victoira, brither lives i Sale he used to live on the Penninsular, do the Great Ocean Road..love all the littke seasude villages., stayefd quite a bit even before we moved.raving on a but, but i dont very often get another Australian on here, most all are from UK, Europe or the US...
    • Posted

Yes country vic wonderful .great ocean rd has many places to visit...i in colac gateway to the otways
    • Posted

If i can get my mind back i can start enjoying it again. So missing life...
    • Posted

Been there too...Love πŸ˜ƒ the Otoways national park..very nice place...😍😍just been on the news how the ferry is booked right out, have to book 2 months in advabce..all the mainlanders want to get of the iskand befire winter..locaks too...lol..we love taking the ferry over, their fabulous we prefer to sail rather than fly,once over there driving in our own car, is better, than hiring one....😍😍😍.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.