On fire help

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi can anyone help me I've suffers with heartburn and some times a little pain for the past 8 years I. At this moment feeling like a dragon breathing flames my throat down to top of stomach feel very sore and on fire I'm on ppi medication have been for years and take Zantac as well I need to find something to calm this soreness and burning down meds don't help I'm seeing my gastrolagest next week but need some help now anyone got any advice

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

You may not get many helpful responses as you have posted your question in the vulval problems forum. I'd try stomach problems or there may even be a heartburn or acid reflux forum.

If you have the burning in your throat you have acid reflux. I suffered from that for about a year. The constant irritation caused by the acid in my throat made my muscles in my throat go into spasm which gives the constant feeling of a small twig or bone stuck in the throat. Anti acids didn't work. The GP have me some drug that encourages downwards motility in the gut, but it worked too well and it gave me severe diarrhea. So i got rid of it by making lifestyle changes - only eat small meals, don't eat any foods or drink any liquids that encourage acidity or cause the sphincter muscle at the too of the stomach to relax (e.g. acidic fruits, tea, coffee, tomatoes, alcohol), eat a few hours before going to bed and sleep with your head elevated. Once it was better i was able to slowly reintroduce those foods and liquids that i had abstained from for so long. I have never had it again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.