On fluoxetine 20mg now for 47days?

Posted , 9 users are following.

It's been a roller-coaster ride, 1st few weeks had bad nauseous sickness, feeling tired lots, high anxiety insomnia,, gurgling tummy bowel problems,and fuzzy foggy head, end of week 5 into week 6 started to feel good seeing light at end of dark tunnel. Now last 4 days feel so down no motivation depression feels worse than ever, the side affects have returned with a vengeance, just wondering does this happen at nearly 7 weeks in, I'm thinking this is not going work for me I just feel horrible, should I stick with it?advice greatly appreciated

0 likes, 217 replies

217 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I wish I could offer advice. I'm in a similar boat; four weeks at 40mg and still have intrusive thoughts, agitation, spacey, foggy, tearful, anxious....I've heard it takes awhile but it seems ridiculously long. I hope you find your answers...I'm still waiting too.

• Posted

Thanks Kim31778,hopefully you feel well soon, did you try reduce the dose to 20 mg, starting at 40mg seems a bit much see if symptons lessen a bit, I know it's not easy now, never thought I'd have to go through this, I'm going keep on fighting get through this, just read through lots of other posts on here, nearly everybody has to go through it

• Posted

Hi...I did start at 40; was put on it at this dose at a clinic I went to to try and get meds stable. I never dreamed of going through anything like this either. I was in graduate school, had a panic attack and was placed on Klonopin...returned for an ssri to help get off the benzo; had a reaction...then placed on the same med again at higher dose...never worked; made me worse...now, the prozac. I feel shakey every day, super anxious and unlike myself, foggy, unable to function...It's just a living nightmare...I pray it does work b/c this is inhumane suffering. 

• Posted

I still feel really off and not like myself, anxious and foggy. I get a lot of acid reflux and stomach troubles too. Hope you're fairing well.

• Posted

Pretty down today; tearful; feeling unlike myself...glued to the couch....I started Deplin (L-methylfolate) yesterday which is supposed to have some positive effects when combined with prozac but I've yet to feel any...hope you are well.

• Posted

Hang in there Kim, I've had a good cry today!  It's good to let it out! Feeling down too but hopefully it will pass soon and will for you too!! Here if you need me, just message anytime! Xxxx

• Posted

Hi Chris...I've had a fair day; have added a B vitamin; Deplin to the Prozac per doctor and it seems a little helpful; not as moody but still a lot off of where I want to be. 

• Posted

That's good Kim,  it helps to have an okay day!  Hopefully it will continue and get better and better xxx

• Posted

Thank you...I'm still struggling with some foggy/spacey feelings as well as irrational fears and intrusive thoughts....hope these will subside.

• Posted

Hi Chris....I actually had a decent day yesterday; no big crying spells....still anxious but felt okay...not sure how long this will last but I pray it's a good sign...hope you are well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.