On going ache

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all

I have had a posterior prolapse for about 4 years now with no symptoms. Last year had a TVAH due to fibroids and benign tumor. About five months ago prolapse became a problem. Also had a call back from hospital about hysterectomy needing a check up as there had been a mix up with sutures. Was given all cear, told my sutures had dissolved but was refered to urogynae for prolapse. Had consultation last week and now on 12 week waiting list. Yhe consultant also told me I actually do still have undissolved sutures when she examined me. I have had a strange ache in my vagina for months on and off. Thought it was healing process of hysterectomy. Today though the pressure and ache at same time has taken my breath away and caused me to double over! I feel in doubt about cause. Could it be the left behind sutures, prolapse or still in the healing process as the doctor at call back exam suggested when she thought I had all clear? Any advice appreciated as keep being led to believe prolapse should only cause discomfort rather than pain there.

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I would imagine the ongoing pain is from the continued healing process - that was a massive operation.
  • Posted

Hi Ragnar

It seems very strange for you to be experiencing this much pain after so long, I think you need some more investigations before you have any more surgery.

I am 12wks post op for rectocele repair & am in constant pain. I had my follow up review 2wks ago & was told all had healed well & the stitches had dissolved, so why the pain? I wasn't in pain before the op. I am now being referred for more investigations so until then it seems I have to put up with it!!!

I don't think you can wait 12wks for your op either do you?

Really hope you can get it sorted,

take care .

• Posted

Hi Janet

Thanks for reply. I was thinking another trip back to doctor on the cards! It was September last year had hysterectomy so I have had this undissolved stitch all that time too. That is why I am questioning it still healing process of operation causing pain. I just got a bit concerned today as it presented differently to how it usually does. It doesn't happen everyday. Today it was more intense and lasted longer than usual, becoming worse walking.

Hopefully can sort some pain management once I see doctor.

Thank you

• Posted

Hi Janet I’m sorry to read you still have pain! So unfair. I do hope a solution and cause is found quickly for you x
  • Posted

Hi Ragnar

I think you need to be reviewed. I’m not a gynaecologist but I believe that prolapse very rarely causes pain unless it is grade III .

Main symptoms are changes in vowel habit heaviness and fullness in  vagina, constipation. Unable to empty bowel fully.

As this seems to be a new symptom  it would be best to be reviewed. I hope you get sorted quickly. All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.