On HRT patches and started to have hot flushes again

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've started to have hot flushes again. I've been on HRT patches for two years now and I'm wondering what I should do.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you also take progestin?  My experience is that when taking a progestin (and I don't have a uterus and don't have to take it, but my gp got into a tizz about not having balance), I gradually became oestrogen resistent till I was having constant head sweats.

When I stopped taking the progestin, it calmed down and now my oestrodiol is working again.  Another thing I do is top up with an oestrogel satchet when my patch is nearing its end.

If you must take progestin because you still have your uterus, try increasing your oestradiol strength.  Progestin is an oestrogen antagonist.

• Posted

I took Livial for 10 years and all of a sudden it stopped working. Saw my doctor who changed me to another one then that stopped working. Put back to the original one and all was fine then my endiometrial  cancer returned after 3 years so had to stop taking it. Ihave had a radical hystectomy and am now going throgh chemotheraphy . I am not saying this is going to happen to you but do go and see your doctor with a view to changing it to another . best wishes 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.