on mirtazapine 7.5 for 8 months WANT OFF

Posted , 5 users are following.

8 months is enough I want off need advice on how to do this stoppage.

I was going to do 7.5 every other day for a week or two the 7.5 every third day for a week or two and continue lengthen the amount of days I take it till I am completely off....will this work or do I do cold turkey just stopping completely day one???

From what I read nothing is easy.

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No it is not easy. I reduced my intake slowly by cutting the pill in to smaller pieces and then making the gaps between taking wider. 4 months later I am off the drug but my sleep problems are back to normal and I have not lost the weight I put on. Sorry I cannot give you any good news
    • Posted

Bob

Thank you for your input

My 7.5 tablet is so small I don’t think i will be able to cut it for a lower dose.

Sorry to hear the sleeping problems are still a issue and that the weight gain is not going away.

Glad you are at least off of it....hope I will soon be too.

• Posted

Hi Marion , hope your well ? ? I hava tablet cutter from Chemist / Pharmacy they don't cost much but are very accurate and sharp ideal for cutting into halves.. take care an best wishes Lloyd from Oz

• Posted

Im tapering off from 45mg to 30mg to now 15mg ive had no problems so far hope this helps. X
  • Posted

I used a razor blade to cut a 15mg in to 4 pieces = 3.75 each
  • Posted

I cannot say I was ever anxious. My problem was and still is the ability to drop off to sleep and stay asleep for 7 hours without waking up. On a good night I manage 6 but in bits

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.