on mirtazipine 3 weeks help please

Posted , 5 users are following.

i have been on mirtazipine for three weeks i was on it 2 years ago but withdrew it in hospital while comming off valiuim but my new doctor put me back on it cos i have not been sleeping ive been on it at only 7.5 mgs for three weeks but i think it causes me more anziety my question is it okay to come off it straight away since its only been 3 weeks i cant see a cychriatrist (i think i splelt it wrong sorry)...and my gp said to try and go off it i should be okay can anyone tell me if i will get any withdrawals from being on it for 3 weeks ...or should i try and cut it in half i hope someone can give me adviceim on saphris 2.5 and lyrica 75mgs but i think its the mirt giving me restless legs and anziety i want to get off this before my body gets too used to it but it does help with sleep thats all it does any advice please im desperate as my doctor say just try going off it but even tho she is a kind good doctor she is not on this drug she wants me to start dothiepin in 5 days time should i just withdraw and go through it quick or try cutting it in half im desperate for help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i would do it the way you feel comfortable doing.also i was on dothiepin for 20 years but my doc took me of them because they can cause heart trouble and after trying mirt for 10 weeks had to come of them because i didnt like the side affects I'm now on amitryptolene hope you get sorted whatever way you do it 
    • Posted

thanks dave for your reply iwas on dothiepin also for 20 years too was the best med but i stopped sleeping but was great for anziety was on mirtazipine and valiuim and in 2012 i withdrew off mirt and valiuim with success in hospital i dont want the added joint pain amd back pain plus gastro cramps on mirt im hoping to just stop but am affraid off bad withdrawals like no sleep and added anziety but im hoping i can jump straight off whats your oppion on stopping them then in 5 days starting back on dothiepinthats my doctors plan iiiiit it too quick jumping off or halving it foe 4 days then go off after that any advice would help you seem to know so much about it
    • Posted

as i said i would come of them slowly even if it takes a couple of weeks.i found dothiepin realy good but its taken me about 10 month to find something that suited me I'm seeing a therapist. i was told from my doc that they were trying to take dothiepin of the market.i wish i was still on them because they helped me so much didnt realize how much untill they took me of them.i hope you get it sorted please let us know how you get on god bless
    • Posted

thanks dave i was hoping to come off cold turkey but in may be to pain full i will cut my dose in half until i see my doctor on monday and ten see how my body goes if it goes good i will just stop if not try and other 4 days on half of a 7.5 then  stop cos i want to be back on dothiepin thanks for your help you have made me think cold turkey might be too quick i was only on it 3 weeks but i asume it builds up even after this short time
  • Posted

Can't really advise you Trace, except to say I get restless legs because of the Mirtazapine as well. Hope others can help you. Best of luck.

• Posted

thanks ann85529

i was hoping there was others only on it for the time period ive been on them im going to see if i can go without it tomight may be a big mistake but i was reading others justmp off 7.5 and was on for years with me it been a short time im hoping for no sleepness night or anziety but i doubt it

• Posted

dear trace ive been on mirt 45mg for years although when i take it it does relax me abit but i had a feeling that these cud be addictive and after reading some of the things i have it seems i'm right cos i have to admit i'm glad when uts time to take it,at first when i was given them by the dr i wouldnt take them but was talked into it,i wish now id never taken them after reading the problems people are having coming off them,to be honest i think they have made me alot worse now.i think alot of these anti depressints are addicitve and we have to be very careful what were taking cos i think they can end up making you worse in the end.i'm not trying to tell u what to do but cos uv only been on them a shortest time i beg you yo try and come off them before it gets to bad please i hope ive been of some help love caro xx

• Posted

Yes you have been very helpful I plan to come off 7.5mg tonite and see if I sleep and dont have anziety thanks for everyone's advice will take the plunge not taking them so I can start my new med dothiepin I was on it ages ago and was great I plan to get on it soon in 5 days time thanks again

My live to you

• Posted

Its a bit late but ...  if you feel more anxious coming off without weaning, and youu are sure its not because you are worrying about it, go to half the dose for a week, and then half of that for a week, then one of the latter dose every other night  for a week. 

Although, because you havn't been on Mirt' for very long, there shouldn't be a big problem reducing, however sometimes, WE (me too) are our own worst enemy and simply worrying about it magnifies the whole blurry worry about not being able to sleep etc.

Wishing you well Trace  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.