On my own.....

Posted , 9 users are following.

I am on my own this weekend, OH has gone to a model boat  weekend booked 12 months ago so I have to manage without ... you  are doing too much..... sit down...I'll do that....you know what I mean!  Lovely to have his caring but getting smothered at times...so on my own!   I can do what I want, eat what I want all except go out.  I have to ring family to get them to buy me some paracetamols as have run out!  thought I had some upstairs but no.  So put a pan of soup on, washing machine on, going to exercise my leg on a 5 min exercise bike ride, I can imagine being  anywhere as long as its flat!  Not planned out the rest of the day yet!  but its soo quiet.wink

3 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Know what you mean Hazel. My hubby has

turned into my dad. He even tells tales on me to the physio. I

Know they mean well but we cant wait for them to do things

all the time. Sometimes it's nice to get your independence

back.Don't know about you but I'm a rubbish patient and hate

being looked after.x

• Posted

Be happy you have someone that cares so much. I do all this totally alone even though I have family, hubby is self employed and gone 13 hours a day my kids both work full time.

id give anything for someone to being me a cup of coffee.

• Posted

Yes it is nice to have someone around to make a cup of tea ,my daughter has been staying with me a month now ,but is going home next week ,how i will miss her,

• Posted

Hi Hazel

It is nice when you get time to yourself.  We do need to rest,but sometimes we can sit for too long (that was my problem).  I would have loved to have had a partner to look after me, but only had my elderly father, who did the best he could but there were continuous questions about how does this work, where is so and so, etc, so that was quite stressful.  It was lovely to be able to get back in the car and do my own thing.

Patsy

• Posted

Bliss ... go and spoil yourself!! Just remember ... don't over do it!!! Ha ha 😉😉😅 xx
  • Posted

10 weeks post op.... and so far enjoying my own time.    I have only just found the interest to get back into my hobby of dolls house miniatures so I have all the bits and pieces out ready to start.   Just making lunch first.  My son dropped off some paracetamols, they are just going up to Lancaster to bring my granddaughter back home, done her last final exam and is ready for a rest......she wants to spend some time with me this summer showing her how to embroider and also use a sewing machine for dressmaking also to finish off her dolls house cafe shop.

I am feeling much better, more interested in different things now no pain and only leg straightening to get right,.  Sun is shining, washing on the line...the day is good.  Hope everyone feels better as well.

• Posted

enjoy ! I envy you, smothering is all well and good if you feel rotten but when you feel better its a bit much (we love them really ) best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.