On one and taken off and put on another note weaning off betwee?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Long story cut short.

I was on floxutine40mg 13yrs and stopped working.

Then onto Mirtazapine 30mg up your 45mg and they didn't seem to work.

Then on Sertraline 50mg for 5days but didn't agree with me. So I called the doctor and she was puzzle but she did say. The doctor who took me off the other medication did you reduce your dose . I said no. So now I'm back on to Mirtazapine45mg and being weaned off weekly 30mg down to 15mg then have appointment to see doctor in two wks. I'm hoping that she going to start me on something that's going to suit me. I fed up being messed about. I'm really depressed and off work atm. I can't seem to have the smile or get involved with things it seems 100 time harder to bring my self to it. Things go around in my head over and over again and don't stop.

Has anyone else changed med and feeling bad.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi you need to give meds up to 6 weeks to start helping you.  I don't think,  unless the side effects are severe,  that you should come off them so quickly  before giving them a chance to work.  It is very common to feel worse for a while until they properly kick in. 

I find sertraline works fine for me but at the 150 mg dose.  The 100 mg one does nothing for me.  Good luck.  x

• Posted

Yes. Been on prozax, sertraline and. Tca then murtazapine, duloxetine,quetiapine, risperidone all not worked.  Treatment resistant, dont know where to turn. Dr says cbt. Feel too ill to attempt.
  • Posted

Hi clem clem,  I have depression and PTSD and don't take anything in fact I point blank refuse.  I don't rate any chemical medication as I know what it did years ago and what it still does.  I speak to people regularly,  I walk,  I admit if I feel rotten and I talk to my doctor often.  I do use a great deal of herbal medication. I prefer it.  I hope you get find the right medication for you as the same things don't suit everyone. X

• Posted

As i have had so much trouble trying to get on anti deps i would like to,know what you take herbally and if it works  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.