On Prozac for almost 6 weeks and I’m so worried I’m not feelingbetter . Pls help

Posted , 2 users are following.

i am a 42 yr old male who gas hust started taking prozac for the first time almost 6 weeks ago . i have had maybe 4 days which i have felt ok and the rest im very anxious , worried , unmotivated and ultimatley scared. pls help me fell like im on the right track . im on 30mgs right now and not able to work because i cant manage the stress properly . Need some support

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

how long have you been on 30mg?

• Posted

2 weeks . had maybe 2 good days and the rest have been unbarable

• Posted

when you change dose your brain needs to get used to the change in serotonin all over again so technically you are at 2 weeks. the clock resets every time you change dose.

that sounds bad but actually it's pretty good news because the reason you haven't seen improvement is because 2 weeks is so early for most people x

• Posted

each dose needs 6-8 weeks 12 plus for maximum effects not the 4-6 weeks the docs tell you x

• Posted

thats good to know . i was counting from the time i started . the docs arent much help thats forsure . whats you status with this med and personal situation ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.