on the little blue pills again but not holding much hope :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

so i first started the tablets last september and stopped them in march as my doctors just stopped giving them to me. whislt on them i only last a stone sad i went from 97kg to 91kg. now i know any lose is a good lose but i would read post on here of people losing that kind of weight in a month which was so disheartening rolleyes

i was working so hard to lose wright. i cut out so much crap i did a 45min walk to and from college everyday and then i started cycling to and from and i was still barley losing and to be honest i saw no change to my figure.

since i stopped taking them i kept up the exercise till about 3 weeks ago when i finsihed college. i still am active as i am a care worker for a terminally ill, so i have to do alot for her but since i stopped the tablet i have noticed the weight come back on.

it is the most depressing thing in the world. i'm told i hold my wiehgt well, but the point it that i feel crap sad this winter i hada taxi driver wish me congratualtions, and when i asked on what he said being pregnant.... i was completely crushed as i was on the tablets at the time. he said my face was just too thin to fit my body which is why he thought i hada bun in the oven...

i have recently been trying to push my BMI up as i know if i get it to 40 i will be able ot get on the list for the gastric band. as bad as it sounds i am just completely desperate now. my doctor told me to try the tablets again but i really am not pinning much hope on them as i have now gone up to 101kg sad

i'm a veggie and my diet is low fat anyway sad

[color=red:619c178ca6][size=24:619c178ca6][b:619c178ca6]any body got any tips?? anything welcome!!!!!!![/b:619c178ca6][/size:619c178ca6][/color:619c178ca6]

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Good luck Cat, it sounds like you've had a long journey with your weight, be positive, today is the first day of making a change, good luck xx
  • Posted

Good luck Remember what you want and don't give in.

I kept a food diary for thr first 3-4 months I'm sure it helped me keep focused :D

• Posted

thank you both.... been busy recently so thankfully not been tempted by too much food!!!! smile
  • Posted

Welcome to the group and good luck!!

We all know how you feel fighting with your weight :cry:

I remember at 18 being approached by a guy working on the wooden rollercoaster ride at oakwood, he asked if i pregnant because pregnant ladies couldnt ride the rolllercoaster, i was MORTIFIED!!! And last summer my neighbour asked my partner when i was due whilst having drinks in the garden, i was sooooo embarassed as my partner told him i wasnt pregnant, so so awkward, just wanted the ground to swallow me up :cry:

Never mind though coz we are trying to do something about it now.

Read back the forum's lots of infor there

smile smile

• Posted

My sister has been taking Olanzapine for a very long time, she has put on a lots of weight, I looked up this and other drugs on wikapedia, I was amazed to find...A side effect is MASSIVE weight gain... because Olanzapine makes the brain absolutely crave fatty foods! Also the fatigue they cause means, little exercise! It said, some people have been known to put on as much as three stone in just one year, obviously just adding to their original problems. My sister says she cannot manage without the pills... but she has managed to go down two sizes in dress,since we found out. She is now a 22... she is really trying now to eat only healthy food and exercise a real lot!

Had her Doctors have told her the effects of this drug,she may have chosen differently or compensated, as she is doing now... She could still be the 5'5\" size 12 she used to be. She would not have been to embarrassed to leave the house etc. There are two morals to this story...if your on any anti-depressant look it up and secondly if she can do it, you sure can, don't look back, go forward.X

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up