one day feel horrible

Posted , 2 users are following.

i took my first tablet last night, and i'm finding myself feeling extremely strange today....

hot flashes, not so hungry... extreme concectration problems, and paranoid thoughts.

did anyone else experience these problems at the beginning?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi there,

I'm due to take my first dose tonight. I'll post tomorrow with how it goes. Did it get any better as the day went on?

Cheers,

Alan

• Posted

Ya, around evening it was better. Weird stuff, just hope it works in the long run.
  • Posted

hang in there i felt bad for 2 weeks thought they were making me worse but you have to give them time best pills ive had in 13 years after a month i had get up n go motivation to get dressed had forgot what my clothes looked like lol was permanent pajama party at mine ive been on them a year now im back at work part time n my future looks brighter nothings a full cure still cant cope with 2 much stress n have the odd off day but being back at work gives me a reason to have to get up get washed dressed n put my face on hang in there hun x
  • Posted

[quote:35c7593887=\"Anonymous\"]hang in there i felt bad for 2 weeks thought they were making me worse but you have to give them time best pills ive had in 13 years after a month i had get up n go motivation to get dressed had forgot what my clothes looked like lol was permanent pajama party at mine ive been on them a year now im back at work part time n my future looks brighter nothings a full cure still cant cope with 2 much stress n have the odd off day but being back at work gives me a reason to have to get up get washed dressed n put my face on hang in there hun x[/quote:35c7593887] oh n i found it better to take my pill at night
  • Posted

ya, i'm taken the pill at night.

the first morning i really had problems getting out of bed, but this morning (the second) i could get right out...

i'll definitely give it a couple weeks. thanks everyone for the replies.

would appreciate some posts from other people that are just starting this medication..

• Posted

Took the pill last night about 8.30 and think I fell asleep around 10.00. I got leg twitches for about 10 minutes in the small hours but not too bad and didn't really wake up properly. Getting out of bed was a bit of an effort. Feel a bit affected by it still but well enough to be going out for a long walk. Actually wanted to eat breakfast this morning, which is a big change. All in all, not too bad.

Hope everyone else is having a good day.

Cheers,

Alan

• Posted

good for you.

have to say my second day, has so far been a lot better than the first.

was a lot easier to get out of bed, than the first day-

i am noticing some memory problems though, nothing major.

• Posted

Started taking Mirtazipine last night 15mg. Had best sleep in ages other than really strange and vivid dreams. Struggled to get up this morning and have felt lethargic and slightly dizzy all day, like the morning after the night before!

Will definately give them a chance, really want to get back to feeling more like my old self.

• Posted

Hi,

I'm on my third day of Mirt and altough i'm sleeping well for a change, for the first half of the day I'm feeling \"spaced out\" and pretty useless until early afternoon. I was unsure about having the tablets from my GP as I didn't think I was that depressed, just stressed. He's tried me on SSRI's in the past (about 2 yrs ago) but they didn't suit me so I stopped taking them. I'm more than willing to try these because of all the possitive comments, but I'm worried in case this \"zombie-like\" state doesn't pass. I'm off work sick at the moment but when I return to work I can't see how I'm going to function effectively if it doesn't lift. Plus while feeling like this I'm too scared to drive the car so being stuck in the house feeling useless and watching daytime TV is definetly making me feel a little more depressed. Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Nas46

• Posted

Hi,

Ive been on this for about 9 mos, and started on 15, then 30, then 45 mg.

At first (about a week) You DO feel so weird, not quite out of body! but not far off! dizzy, dry mouth, blurry,

Yes you [b:665d360e81]do [/b:665d360e81]have great sleep - but that will go away after about 6 mos! I did like that part. the other affects will taper off after a week or two.

I've been on six million different anti depressants for the last decade, and find these the first that work! The weird side affects should subside. Pay attention to your appetite though - it does make you hungry, like most anti depressants.

Hang in there and good luck!

smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.