One day Post Op

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Andrea here again. I have quiestion has anyone who has had this surgery had there tant cut  Just like when you have a baby... This was not shown on any of the video's I checked out. Any thoughts 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrea, I do not know the answer😓 but I want to know as well.... I am curious as to what video you saw?
  • Posted

Hi,

I haven't seen any video but I'm 3 weeks post op. Before I went in my consultant said I will be repairing the perineum  for support . Then afterwards she said take care down there ,no soap et cetera as you have been cut like when you had the babies . It wasn't painful just a bit sore then after a while when I dared to investigate a bit i found a sort of hard lump with a knot there like a big  stitch and that seemed to come out this week.

hope that helps.

• Posted

tant? lol i had to google that!

and yes mine was i only found out from consultant before the op, but honestly i cant even see the stitches lol can feel them cant see them so dont know how she did it lol

• Posted

I am In soooo much pain... This sucks...OH my bum... i would love to share more but sitting here hurts. OUCH!!!!
    • Posted

Hi Andrea 32615

I just had rectocele, cystocele, bladder put in sling along with labiaplasty on Monday, December 14th. I am having the worst time with constipation and pain in rectum.

• Posted

It's been eight days and I still have not had a bm. I take four to six stool softners a day...  Im in so much pain. Just sitting normal there is a pull on the stitches, so trying to even fart causes pain... AHHHHHHH!!!!! should I go back to the doctor..

• Posted

Andrea,

Shortly after my post, I decided to take a shower and squat while in there since I felt so much pressure. I am so happy to say, and I apologize for TMI but I was able to have a bm with extremely less pain. My hubby had mentioned doing that but I was skeptical.

Again, this morning I tried again and was victorious. I'm finding out that being in the squatting position takes the pressure off of the rectum.

I hope my post helps. I was at the end of my rope. I just pray that everyday moving forward is easier and easier.

• Posted

I wanted to say thank you,. Putting one self out there like this is hard.. Thank you Again

As far how I'm doing, It's just not good...Im in so much pain and presure now cramping inside on the right, with a huge knot like bump down there when touched causes the same pain on the right side. This sucks      Thank A

• Posted

Hi Andrea. Are you able to use a suppository? I've found that germaloids work for me. They contain a pain med, lidnocaine I think which normally helps pain in piles! It also helps you to pass a stool easier by lubricating inside. I'm using them again as I'm waiting for a gyny appointment and finding it difficult to go for BM because of a rectocele plus some cysts which seem to pressing on bowel and bladder now. Your bump could be a compacted stool like mine which presses on the sciatic nerve so causing pain, in my case in the tail end/coccyx. It would be good idea if you saw your GP, nurse or the surgeon who did the Op in the first place I think. Best wishes, Ellie UK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.