One leg heavier and weakerthan the other

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi again, this may sound weird to you ladies, but yes, my right leg "feels" quite different from my left one.

It is heavier, weaker and takes me more effort to move it compared to the other one. Sometimes I barely feel it, sometimes its muscles get tight, etc, etc.

Very annoying, very scaring. And it's been like that for 2-3 weeks.

Anyone else? maybe I am not the only weird one?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

This sounds like a good question for a doctor really. Especially since you say it's very scary and it's been like this for 2-3 weeks.

Anniexx

• Posted

Hi Sue2015

May I ask are you on progesterone pills, It could be the progesterone pill causing this. 

I took one on Tuesday night my legs were hurting and I felt weak, had a headache all day yesterday and felt like I was not with it at all felt shaky paniky had to call my boyfriend to get me to a job interview. Then I took another pill last night very jumpy felt like I wasn't breathing, at 2:30 a.m heart was racing felt really weak, then after 4 a.m. took my thyroid pill layed back down at 4:30 a.m. got really dizzy while I was lying in bed was really scared. 

I'm not taking these progesterone pills again after only taking two. 

These are not the natural ones made with yams or soy these are like the synthetic ones that cause side effects. Not taking them again do not want to have those feelings again. 

Did not do anything today just slept all day today. 

• Posted

Oh Susan,

One or two 50 mg. progesterone pills will not cause leg pain. I am afraid after reading many of your posts you seem react to things like Vitamin B6 (anxiety I think?)  which honestly I don't understand, but please in this case, discuss with your own doctor your fears. These are not typical of the medication at all.

As someone who takes progesterone on regular basis, I can assure you that your unfortunate reaction to the limited use is not normal at all.

• Posted

Tell me about it not going to take these pills any more after feeling weak having a headache and last night with my heart racing and then getting dizzy after I took my thyroid pill forget about progesterone. I wanted the ones made out of yams or soy the biodentical ones this one is not biodentical this one has the side effects to it. 

Tired of these meds that I try but gives me side effects

• Posted

Susan,

Your best bet is to make an appointment with your physician. You seem to have very unusual reactions to common medications and supplements. Perhaps the doctor can taylor your medications to reduce your chances of having such extreme reactions. I am not aware of the pills made of yams or soy that you mention. 

I understand you are tired of the the meds but honestly, your own physician can best help you recover during this most trying time. And maybe he/she can help you find the type of pills that you are referring to.

Just know that what you mentioned to Sue above is most certainly not a typical reaction, especially given you took one or two low doses, of progesterone.  

Hoping you are able to get a good night's sleep after unfortunately sleeping all day. It's almost like your circadian rhythm is off. Hopefully you can reset it with the help of your doctor.

Anniexx

• Posted

Your circadium rhythm is your sleep/wake cycle when various hormones are released. Interruption of this regularly can make you ill as it affects the hpa axis (hormones) and the immune system.

I can see you were taking progestins rather than bioidentical progesterone which is produced in the lab from yams etc. People still do get some side effects from the bioidentical it just depends on the problem as everyone is different.

Feeling bad on B6 could be integral with folic acid and b12 and clearance of homocystene. Also problems with these have to do with a methylation gene defect sometimes but I am not very up on those and they sound too complex for me. See your doctor about your legs to be on the safe side. x

• Posted

Thats what I wanted in the first place was the bioidentical progesterone not the progesterone I have now, I need to talk to my nurses doctor again 

My sister takes the bioidentical progesterone and she does fine on it. Since we are related and have the same chemestry the bioidentical progesterone would be safer for me. 

• Posted

Susan,

Why not make an appointment with your doctor to make sure you are getting the proper meds. The other day you stated you were getting the biodentical progesterone, same one I am on. Perhaps if you see your doctor in person you can go over the list of recent meds that have not given you good reactions, including the very low dose Zoloft. Something is definitely going on and you derserve to feel better without all this added worry.

Once you find the right combo for you, you will feel so much better and hopefully not have to rely so heavily on the ativan.

Wishing you the best.

Annie xx

• Posted

Thank you Annie

I need a lot of luck. I don't think this is the bio-identical progesterone pill I think my doctors nurse orderd the wrong ones

• Posted

Hi ,don't want to concern you ,but probably a good idea to make a GP,s appointment ,sooner rather than later ,there are a number of things that could be causing your leg to feel like this and unfortunately some could be potentially quite serious , maybe nothing to worry about , who knows ? But you won't until you have sought medical advice ! As the old adage goes better to be safe than sorry ! Let us know what the outcome is Good Luck ! 

• Posted

I know sad( And this is the first time I am not seeing other women with the same concern (in a menopause forum I mean). Usually you'd find a dosen of people feeling just like you.

Now I am really worried ((

• Posted

Sue , please don't worry just get yourself off to the doctors ,worrying about it won't make it go away ( says she who is the worlds worst worrier ) but certainly in this instance I would have made an appt with my GP as soon as these symptoms had appeared ! Make your mind up and do it ,hopefully at least you will know then what is causing the problem ,and if treatment is required it can be started sooner rather than later ! Hope all goes well ! Chin up , regards Sarah x
    • Posted

P.s , it could be something related to your back ,have you had back problems ? Either way get it checked out ! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.