One night stand, STDs negative, Retaining urine, slight irritation by the urethra

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I’m going to start from the beginning with my situation. But I ask that judgments are held in responses. I already know that I’ve done things I was absolutely not supposed to and will seek medical advice moving forward. With that being said

I’m a 29-year-old Male, Heterosexual, circumcised (you’ll see why I mention this later)

On the weekend of May 12th I had a one-night stand. Protection was used. Few days later I feel something weird like a tingly feeling so I go see my urologist and he does a physical exam all clear. He orders some tests (almost the complete panel and urine exam) and a sonogram. All of them came back negative gonorrhea and chlamydia were not available so I took azithromycin 500mg for 4 days just to be sure. I did however find out my bladder was retaining urine.

I fly to Miami the first week of June(3rd-8th) and decide to get a complete panel done. While I’m waiting for the results I go out on the boat with some friends. In and out of the ocean for several hours. That night I notice a small irritation near my urethra I immediately freak out and think its herpes. I go to a planned parenthood the next day and the doctor takes a look and says this is absolutely not herpes, maybe just irritated from being in the water all day. I told her about the azithromycin also and that I was waiting for the panel. She immediately mentions that I may be prone to some false negatives and that the CDC treatment for most STD’s is a single super dose of 2g azithromycin. She mentions if I have the medication available to drink it. I get back home and I take the 2 grams. So we fast forward to the last week of June. I’m still retaining liquid in my bladder the urologist can’t figure out for the life of him why. I decide to get a second opinion and once again they have no idea why. I’ve taken a urine flow exam and it looks like a hill side. Up and down instead of one steady stream. And to date I still have this slight irritation next to my urethra. Does not itch or burn when I urinate. Maybe once a day I get the most miniscule itch around it. I’ve made sure to keep the area as dry as possible and e/ven dab my urethra after urinating to be sure no moisture gets trapped. I personally believe I may have candida, but I’m not a doctor. My urologist looked at it and said nothing about it. As far as the urine hesitancy I’m taking something to relax my prostate and another to help widen the passage of the urethra. I’ve felt a little better.

/Also i just recently had a urine culture done. Negative 7/9/2018

So with all this being said. Id like to know if anyone has any idea as to what the hell is wrong with me

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Did you feel any sharp pains or experience any pain at all during intercourse? 
    • Posted

It was unlikely that you would have an STD given the condom use. I am surprised that the doctor treated your with antibiotics. False negatives are pretty rare, but possible. This sounds more like another urological disorder.

Is it possible that the irritation is caused from urine dripping (sitting in wet boxers)? It can commonly be an irritant to skin and only does will in the urethra, bladder. 

• Posted

I sweat often. I mean I’ve been training in Muay Thai for almost 10 years I’d be surprised if that problem started now. No sharp pains I’ve had sex and even masturbated to see if that was a difference maker. 
    • Posted

I did notice today it was not humid in the gym than usual and felt a slight itch or sensitivity near the urethra. I was wearing cargo shorts and boxer briefs at the time. And the irritation is not putting out any type of discharge. Doesnt even look like its filled with anything. 
  • Posted

Kidney stones because they pass through the penis, but is accompanied by bleeding sometimes, problems urinating, and pain.
    • Posted

Well I’ve had 2 separate sonograms done and both times they mentioned that that all my organs are the right size and shape. I also had a CT scan done. I’m not too sure what else is missing as far as exams.
  • Posted

Did you have discharge at all?  I slept with someone who after the fact told me they had an std and had a tingling/burning feel down there a few days later plush I had discharge.  I had the panel done and came back negative but they gave me Doxycycline***(sorry for the spelling) and it went away but comes back at least once a year now....and it's been 4 years.

• Posted

What were you diagnosed with if you don’t mind me asking 
    • Posted

They never gave me a proper diagnosis, they just said I kept getting urethritis.
  • Posted

You don't mention what you drink. Caffeine isn't good for the bladder, nor decaf coffee or tea, because of the chemicals in them. Switch to plain water for a month or so and see if it helps. Also - howcome at your age you already have a urologist? I didn't need one till I was nearly 60 !

• Posted

Well as far as diet I drink 3-5 liters of water daily. Depending on if I train or not. I originally decided to see a urologist because I was getting a sperm count done and needed him to look at the results. Once I had the sonograms done I had to go back to see him anyway 
    • Posted

As far as coffe a double shot daily. But I’ve been drinking coffee since I was 15. Alcohol maybe 2 beers on the weekend 
  • Posted

Your lifestyle is not to blame then!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.