one red, painless, pimple/sore on penis head herpes?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 28 year old male. 2 days after extensive sex with my girlfriend (without lube) i noticed one small sore/pimple on my penis head. It is completely painless even when pressure is applied to it. It is red and appears to have a center, but it is not pus filled like many other blisters. Additionally, after i masturbate the head of my penis gets unusually red, and then returns to normal after 30 or so minutes. I know that syphilis, genital thrush, balanitis and irritation from sex may be a cause. The only thing that worries me is the presence of this one small sore, even though it is completely painless.

Could this be herpes? I know some of the early stages of herpes is tingling/burning in the area where a breakout is going to occur. I did not have any burning/tingling/itch in this area before i noticed this sore. after i continue to obsess over this, i do notice a warm sensation or slight burn every now and then throughout the day.

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi, peter! the same thing recently happened to me, except vaginally. anyways, it started out as one tiny red spot, then turned into an open sore, and days later i got a few blisters around the area as well. i didn’t have any itching, pain, etc. either. i’ve had my spots for almost a week now, and it did end up being herpes. luckily, it’s type 1 & happened during oral sex with my boyfriend, who recently had a cold sore. anyways, it IS definitely a possibility that your spot could be herpes, but don’t worry too much unless it gets worse and/or spreads! do you or your girlfriend have any reason to believe it could be herpes? like, is it possible that one of you got it from previous sexual partners, if any, or maybe one of you gets cold sores & could’ve transferred the virus to one another at some point during the relationship? sorry for so many questions, but if neither of you have any reason to believe you could have herpes in your system without knowing it, then you can definitely cross it off of your list! on the bright side, if it is herpes, it goes away on its own. just make sure you do your best to prevent outbreaks if possible. good luck! keep us updated on your spot.

• Posted

Hey Im really really worried and your case was very similar to mine at the moment. Did you ever find out what it was?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.