One side of neck bigger then other

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi im a 16 year old male with anxiety i noticed that the whole left side of my neck is bigger than the righti have found  no lumps/growths on eighter side. i have no pain in my neck and i dont find trouble moving my head side to side. Could it be that my muscles are growing differently or would it be something else? 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

When u move head are you raising a shoulder look in mirror also tip head l r

looks like you are using one side is spine straight or hips level

ever fallen off a bike or had neck whip lash

• Posted

my shoulders do not raise when i move my head and yes i have had been in a car crash when i was 4 also i have fallen and hit my head on the ground a few times when i was younger 
    • Posted

Yep Gillian is right get it checked by someone is best. Try to self diagnose is not a good idea, you end up worrying about loads of things if you do
  • Posted

Of course go to gp if you want a diagnosis but it's osteopaths chiropractor that can realignment

I've had this my son had it after a car crash nothing to worry about I very much doubt you have anything to worry about

• Posted

Thank you for all the help it really helped my anxiety and knowing that it is nothing to worrie about. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.