One week post op

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm one week post op feel great up and about ( although taking it steady ) 

still have bad pulling just on one side down below as if stitches are too tight Not sure if stitched on the outside ??

uncomfotable when sitting down and having to sit to the side anyone one else have this ? 

I had vaginal hystorectomy and prolapse repaires 

thanks 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all.  I  m now four days post op vaginal hysterectomy and anterior and posterior wall repair.  Doing really well apart from the bowels!!!  Please share your experiences with me.  Didn t go at all post op so started taking one Dulcolax morning and night on Thursday evening now taken four and I ve gone from one extreme to the other.  Have so far been seven times today.  Normal stools, just griping pains and keep going.  Anyone else had this ?
    • Posted

Yep. I had lactose. In hospital. And cleared me right out ..im 7 weeks ..you will get all normal twinges cramps etc all to be expected. You may even pass blood or some days none others depends. On how active you are x
    • Posted

Yes! 4 weeks post op and still get some griping pains. I also had days where I felt I may as well have moved the tv and kettle into the loo too wink Hang on in there, you are at the start of a long road xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.