One week since surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my gallbladder surgery last Friday evening and think I have been doing really well recovery-wise. Today I have felt rather unwell. My tummy has really bloated up and feels uncomfortable. I have had to pretty much lie down for most of the day as I have felt so tired and a bit woozy.

I had thought things had gone so well, and I guess they still are. My incision sites are a bit sore, but, to be fair, I had been felling better than before surgery. I guess I am only one week into recovery, and perhaps I should expect some ups and downs.

I am so thankful to have had the surgery, and am looking forward to being well again.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

you have to be patient,it does take time,take it easy tho, no lifting,but like all things if you are not sure about anything ring your local doctor,
  • Posted

I did get days when I felt worse. Maybe you overdid it? It's easy to do when you're feeling better: you get carried away and do too much. Make sure you rest.

Always think a good indicator of something going wrong, such as infection, is body temperature, which is why hospital include this check in their regular observations. Keep checking to make sure you're not running a temperature.

What are your incisions like? It's common to get a wound infection following surgery and these can make you feel lousy. If the incisions appear red or purple and angry or there's a sloughy yellow or greenish discharge or a bad smell coming from the incision see your doctor as you will need antibiotics and wound dressing.

It's a great feeling knowing that a sick gallbladder had been removed isn't it? I remember coming round and despite the stitches (I had open surgery) and the pain when I moved, and everything else, the sense of relief was immense. But it is a slow recovery and you will have good days and bad.

• Posted

yes you are right we are all different,im still sore in upper chest areas,mine was xmas 2016, i probably didnt rest like i should have done,but its a lot better than the stabbing pain i had before op,, so we all have to be patient;;;
  • Posted

If it is worrisome call the nurse or aftercare....it can take a few weeks for initial poking, prodding and incisions to settle down...if you eat small amounts you leave room for gas and your body is adjusting to new way of digestion, so you can have bloating....people need to not push too hard too fast, be sure you move around and do your deep breathing and enjoy your rest, things will be better if you are NOT stressed...dont be afraid to call in for peace of mind Good Luck and Best Wishes on a speedy recovery💟

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.