One year ago today!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Well, one year ago today I went in to have my TKR. Today I just finished a 5 mile pain free walk and can't believe a year ago I could hardly take a few steps without drugs or pain.

I want to thank you all for being there for me thru this "adventure" . I am truely grateful for all the advice and support when I wanted to give up after my MUA and others times. For all you "Newbies", it DOES get better, and the best advice is not to compare yourself with others, as we all heal differently.

Thanks especially to OFG who has been thru it all. You all helped me tremendously. Thank you, and I couldn't have done it without you.

❤️ Suzanne

2 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Well done you.  That is wonderful news. I bet you feel like you are walking on air right now.  
  • Posted

Me too I am one year next week.  I never thought I would be able to walk pain free again.  I have used this forum for the past year and have been helped by it tremendously.  It is true I did not expect to have so much pain and depression no one told you about these things before the operation - how I wished they had.  I used to think it was me but thanks to this forum everything I had - sleepless nights, crying, depression was all  part of the healing process.  So to all out there who may think why is this happening it will get better rest assured I have been there and am back to normal, walking, gardening cycling loads of things that I could not do before the operation.  It took loads of time, but I am thjere and so glad I had it done.  So be brave and be patient.
  • Posted

So happy for you. I'm looking forward to that day! I'm sure it will come.

Lesa

• Posted

Congratulations! You surely have been through the fire! So good to have come out the other side successfully!

Enjoy every moment on those two strong knees!

• Posted

Congrates..I'm I year as of jan6....lots of setbacks but so much better now...walk is good..stairs still tough..esp down....Ben only 95 to 100 depending on day.....
  • Posted

I will be 1 year on the 28th March so glad I had it done so much so I am having the 2nd knee done on the 24th march hopefully I will be in the same place as you this time next year . So pleased for you x
    • Posted

Thank you Sharon smile keep us posted. My other knee seems fine. Hoping one is all I need. Has this been the case for any of you ? Only needing one TKR? Thanks.
  • Posted

That's great to hear. I'm one year and one week and just waiting to have it done again (with a few more bits...it's like ordering a new car with the added extras 🙄).

Although I'm still in pain, it's not like it was prior to initial TKR so still an improvement (plus I no longer have Arthritis so didn't have to tick that box at my pre-op last week). I've managed to walk several miles today...albeit shopping so my bank account isn't quite so grateful.

So pleased you can put all of this behind you now Suzanne xx

• Posted

That's great news Suzanne. Congratulations on your success. I am 4 weeks post op and have felt at times I made the worst decision of my life. So reading your story and others that have gone through this operation I live in hope.

All the best and cheering for you

Jodie

• Posted

Jodie.......as difficult as it seems , continue to focus on the process, the final results will speak for themselves. Most of us are never told what we are going to face or the obstacles we are going to run into therefore everything seems so insurmountable. Just remember to take care of your body and it will take care of you. Rest, hydrate, excercise, rest some more. You've been through more with this than probably anything you've ever been through in your life and it will take all of your inner strength to get through it. Again.....focus on the process
    • Posted

Thanks old fat guy. I read back on your message often. I have my eye on the goal as my new knee "jenni" is here to stay. Trust me one day I will be the one writing the hip hip horays. It's good to read the success stories.

Take care old fat guy xx

Keep your eyes open for my success story😉

• Posted

Yay, well done you, tomorrow is 4 months out from #2, and then next Sunday will be my 1 year anniversary for #1. The road we've travelled, eh?! What is it they say - if I knew then what I know now.......well, I suppose we'd still be here, getting on with getting on with life. Isn't it amazing how far we've come?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.