One Year on today!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Finding this forum last year has helped saved my life. My anxiety was horrendous I didn't want to live anymore. I really never felt like i'd feel 'normal' again. Well i started on 10mg and eventually over many months went up to 30mg. I really set my sights on been better by xmas but i was unrealistic. You really can't set a date. I went from having good days, to having good weeks then eventually good months. So please beleive me when I say it does get better but there really is no quick fix. I couldn't have done it without Lois and Katecogs advice. I feel like i'm having a small setback at the moment but I think its me letting the fear of it coming back or its when those thoughts and memories creep in, I think i just have to try not to panic. Can anyone else relate to that.x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

what were you taking? What symptoms were you experiencing?

• Posted

I was on citalopram years ago but eventually came off it. I was on 20mg. But I went through a difficult time and ended up back on it. I started back on 10mg and went up to 30mg which I'm still on, but its certainly been harder second time round. I have also done CBT to help me with coping mechanisms to get through it. I'm mostly ok now but I still have the odd moments.

• Posted

Wow Gemma that's great how fair you have come. Don't worry if you're having a little set back. I've 'relapsed' into old unhelpful thinking patterns so many times and my anxiety increases and decreases in waves so i can be fine for a long while and then suddenly it's hit me again. All completely normal. You just need to remember to be kind to yourself and tell yourself its ok to have a set back. xx

• Posted

Thank you Caz, its so hard not to fear the worst but its nice to know I'm not alone and that everyone has setbacks at times.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.