One year still bad

Posted , 9 users are following.

How do I get out of this depression anxiety...

I’ve tried all medication I’ve tried hypnotherapist I’ve tried naturopaths 

I’ve tried medication I’m now seeing a psychiatrist who has now changed my meds again and I just feel knumb I’ve got 2 young boys who I love to bits and I just can’t seem to not feel scared or down all the time...

I’m losing weight because I don’t want to eat I’ve got no energy I have the worst health anxiety I don’t want to die I just want to feel normal again..

I used to be the life of the party now I can’t seem to do anything..

Everything scares me my phone ringing my kids yelling and playing I never feel like eating apart from at night...

Has anyone else had this for so long it’s been a whole year now and I’m really struggling...

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carl I hate to say it but I have felt this way for years. I started on Prozac this summer and my anxiety has increased but I am going to give it another month. What situation in your life is getting you down?
    • Posted

I’ve got really bad health anxiety it started a year ago I slept with someone once while my wife and I were taking a break not ideal I know and also not how it seems.

Since that day I’ve felt crap my anxiety was high prior also but not to the point where I couldn’t do anything I’ve had a constant sore throat for 6 months urine issues penis pain sore ribs etc etc I have had every test under the sun and everything comes back normal I got an hiv test also a month after and 6 months after and still think I’ve got something bad...

It’s like my brain won’t turn off thinking the worst all the time.

I’m so scared of everything I’ve had many drug changes but nothing seems to be helping.

I’ve been to a urologist who said everything is fine I’ve been to ent and my adenoids are infected or up they said it was due to smoking but I’ve smoked for years and never had troubles before I’m just so lost and unable to do anything.

I don’t know  where to turn anymore I’m seeing a hypnotherapist and a psychiatrist with no help so far I’m thinking about trying cbd oil...

I’m 37 male have no appetite until night time can’t sleep without sleeping pills and can’t turn off my brain

• Posted

Hello Deb - I would say the same things, as I am suggesting Carl, i.e. on top of meds (which you are already taking) - have you considered practicing 'Meditation'? 

• Posted

Hey Carl, I am no expert, still, wish to share my thoughts. I am not saying get off your meds, instead, asking you to add upon 'Meditation'. 

'Meditation' - the thing to note in here is, it takes months for effects to show up if practiced consistently. With practice, you would be able to control the random thoughts (and fear) in your head and lead a mindfulness life (one thought at a time). Do you think, you can try out 'Meditation'? 

• Posted

A simple thing to ask but what do you do for YOU, not your kids YOU? Go find a way to relax, yoga is always good, or being in the gym, walking, running etc. You must have time totally for you. I wish you luck but being so ill you need a get out clause. 🤔

• Posted

HI Carl,it’s a long road back to recovery what meds are you on ?,I’ve tried everything and I’m still unwell have you and your wife sorted things out ? 
    • Posted

Yes we have sorted things but I just can’t get rid of this horrible feeling that I’m sick Ive been on and off so many different antidepressants and benzos 
    • Posted

I am currently taking 60mg of Prozac and ariprizole 15mg I also just started taking magnesium which I found to be really helpful ....I feel a bit better than I was but it’s been a long time coming it’s really tough this illness don’t know if I’ll ever be the old me 
    • Posted

I am currently taking 60mg of Prozac and ariprizole 15mg I also just started taking magnesium which I found to be really helpful ....I feel a bit better than I was but it’s been a long time coming it’s really tough this illness don’t know if I’ll ever be the old me 
  • Posted

Hi Carl have you had your bloods taken to check your levels for the likes of b12, inflammation, Vit D, magnesium etc. ? 

Just curious to what you naturopaths did in terms of trying to help?

Also try not consume caffeine as this can trigger anxiety in people, I myself only drink tea from time to time but high amounts can cause anxiety.

I myself am planning to get my microbiome checked soon, to hopefully delve deeper.

Hope you have a nice day, D smile

• Posted

Yes I’ve had all those checked too and all normal I’m so down and frustrated which makes my anxiety worse 
  • Posted

I'm struggling  as well,,,,,,,,,,,been 5 years so far for me.

• Posted

I’m sorry to hear what symptoms do you have ?

What have you tried ?

Would love to hear your story..

I’m on day 4 of cbd now 

• Posted

I know how you feel I’ve been like this for just over 3 years feels like such a struggle what medication are you on ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.