Ongoing bite pain moving from tooth to tooth

Posted , 1 user is following.

About 3 years ago I started to get bite pain on back molar UL7.

It was x-rayed.. refilled.. but nothing seemed wrong with it. It slowly got worse, became sensitive to cold and heat. Was then root-canalled but this didn't fix the issue. Then kept getting infected. Was then finally extracted in late 2019.

Within a few months the same thing then started happening to UL6. Worsened much more quickly. Attempt to root canal failed instantly so was also extracted.

On extraction, UL7 looked fine but UL6 had black roots so was then thought to be what was causing all the pain. I was told this should be the end of my problems.

A couple of months later, same bite pain started on UL8 - the wisdom tooth. Not as severe this time, no sensitivity but painful to bite on and once bitten on, feels very swollen for days. Had multiple x-rays, a cone CT.. again nothing appears wrong.

Been to ENT to check sinuses (nothing wrong).

Its now been decided to extract UL8 too - as its not getting better, stops me biting on that side and is delaying me getting dentures on that side to cover missing UL6 & 7.

Booked in for an extraction in June.

Now.. today I've started getting bite pain on UL4 !! I'm that upset I feel sick.

Everytime I have one taken out, another one starts. Should I proceed with having UL8 out now ??

I've seen 6 different dentists including a professor at the Dental Hospital. All are stumped as to whats causing the bite pain. Oral cancer and gum infections have been ruled out by CT scan.

All say they don't want to extract teeth without knowing why but end up doing that as they can't find anything else to do.

I don't grind. Theres no visible damage or gum issues.

Any recommendations or advice ??

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.