Ongoing nausea for 4 weeks - peri

Posted , 6 users are following.

has anyone experienced this please? ive been having off an on periods for about 18 months but didnt have anything for 6 months. All of a sudden a heavy 6 day period came on 4 weeks ago and ever since then ive had nausea 24/7.

its really getting me down now. i had a viral infection a week before this started and so i initially put it down to that. i have headaches, anxious, fatigued and teary most of the time. ive had my ears checked as i initially thought it could be an inner ear issue but they seem okay. i am not dizzy.

i am 52 and when i was pregnant with my children i had terrible nausea throughout the pregnancy. it was awful. i cant bear going through this again. i have the mirena coil for 3 years now.

i will love to hear from anyone who can shed any light on this please . thank you

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

Yes! I have been suffering from debilitating nausea for the past 6 years that revolved around my periods and ovulation, then for two years i had hot flashes with the nausea during periods....then for the past 8 months i havent had a period but the nausea is almost constant!! I will get the occasional nausea free day and i get so excited to think that it might be ending then low and behold two days later it returns with a vengeance! Ive lost so much weight and i look like ive aged 30 years! I wish i could give you some good advice but nothing i have tried works except for antinausea meds by prescription. And then it has its own horrible side effects like tiredness, dry mouth, dizziness and i feel angry on it. Like you my last pregnancy i had terrible morning sickness. I wish this would go away but it hasnt yet. There are days where i feel like im losing my mind cause of it.

• Edited

thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I never knew that women could go through so much. This is so scary.......... I guess one just has to ride it. i pray it eases up for both of us and all the other women suffering out there xx

• Edited

yes i get the nausea and it sucks! i get bouts of it along with anxiety, low mood, ibs, sweats, loss of appetite, dry horrible taste in my mouth, numbness/ prickly feeling in random parts of the body and tight shoulders - for me it lasts about half the month for the past 3 years (i'm 43) and then it goes like in the space of a few hours i can go from feeling the horrible lowest of the low to having lots of energy and joy, and my stomach issues just go...i guess this is what is meant by mood swings! it follows a bit of a pattern and i'm still having periods but they have become pretty abnormal - what i say to myself when im feeling awful is that it will pass - it has always past before and it will again (if only for a short while) nothing stays the same, so try and take it easy until you feel better - i find it tends to ease up a bit in the evening so i look forward to that - make my room a sanctury - get some nice candles and bubble bath, maybe a glass of wine, hang in there x

• Posted

thank you for your response. it gives me some hope that there can and will be good days sometimes. this is all scary stuff. i pray that we all pull through xxxx

• Posted

yes i get the nausea and it sucks! i get bouts of it along with anxiety, low mood, ibs, sweats, loss of appetite, dry horrible taste in my mouth, numbness/ prickly feeling in random parts of the body and tight shoulders - for me it lasts about half the month for the past 3 years (i'm 43) and then it goes like in the space of a few hours i can go from feeling the horrible lowest of the low to having lots of energy and joy, and my stomach issues just go...i guess this is what is meant by mood swings! it follows a bit of a pattern and i'm still having periods but they have become pretty abnormal - what i say to myself when im feeling awful is that it will pass - it has always past before and it will again (if only for a short while) nothing stays the same, so try and take it easy until you feel better - i find it tends to ease up a bit in the evening so i look forward to that - make my room a sanctury - get some nice candles and bubble bath, maybe a glass of wine, hang in there x

• Edited

Hi

Yes, I too have had and continue to have bouts of nausea along with anxiety, hot flashes and low energy. The nausea lasts about half the month stemming from bad to tolerable on different days. It is terrible and really disruptive to everyday life sometimes. I must say I have gotten used to it over the last year and don't get as anxious about it as I used too because I know it will pass. I dont have any answers for you, other then be kind to yourself.....and rest when you can, but wanted to let you know you are not alone!

• Posted

thank you very much. its reassuring to know that i am not alone

• Edited

i see we are not alone. i'm glad i can stop thinking that i could be pregnant. a scary thought at 50. i'm shocked at all the symptoms that could come with menopause and peri. you only hear about hot flashes and the absence of periods why nothing else about all these symptoms I'm reading in this forum. I'm in my second week of all day nausea!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.