Online Help - like mentor or someone to talk to

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am going through a real tough time and find that sometimes I need to talk to people as I start stressing, and don't know what or how to think but while pancking. I used to have a mentor, but that ended, I miss it as I find that I am getting overwhelmed alot, and need support. I have people to talk to but I'm scared it's to much for them as they are having problems too. Is there anything out there, as I really need to find someone to talk to, as life is so hard that i have bad thoughts. Thank you for your help.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

sometimes you can refer yourself to a local Community Health Group without a GP, depending on where you live.  Look up the Internet, too, and there's GAMH and Lifelink.

Best wishes

Nessie

• Posted

FIRST: SEE YOUR GP...and believe me, FBT, I DO know how hard that can be but its a MUST right now...well maybe tomorrow now but you MUST do it. I want you to promise me that you will ring first thing a.m and even if you burst into tears,and the receptionist is dismissive and unhelpful, INSIST that as you feel SO down and are thinking of ending your life. You REALLY DO NEED that appointment (yes, you DO!!!). PLEASE  DO IT, even if you have to beg for an URGENT appointment. You say you are having "bad thoughts" am I right in thinking you mean you feel suicidal? You sound pretty fed up and distressed and the doctor will decide whether you need some anti-depressants to help you get started on the road to recovery. And again,  I KNOW you don't want to have to take them but they can be SO helpful while you get your brain turned round and sorted out. They do not have to be taken forever; many people just need a short course to get through a bad patch and thats what the GP is there fo, so GO AND ASK!. After all, if you had a broken leg you would use a crutch wouldn't you....and that's all the drugs are, a chemical crutch. 

THEN...or even tonight before you're overwhelmed by your dark thoughts, PLEASE  phone the Samaritans who can and will support you. They will  help you work out why you feel the way you do, and how to fight your way out of this grim period in your life. The Samaritans will be able to spend time REALLY listening, which of course your GP doesn't have, however much he/she might want to.

And then klastly keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

I HAVE "been there" with my darling husband, it hurts so much that you are as desperate for help as you are, but you can seek help. I have so many issues I won't bore you with, for which I need a crutch too, there's NO shame in that, only in the refusal to ask for professional help.

LASTLY (for now!!)....please ..........change your title if you can, you are NOT a failure bigtime, even if you think you are....you have made a start on seeking help so "failure" just isn't in it, my lovely! 

Sending hugs x

• Posted

I am on antidepressants already, just started some new ones, I'm back at the doctors on friday. But have been so low, the anxiety has been not to bad, but I'm just so low. Yes you are right about the bad thoughts, But I have decide that I wouldn't do anything silly until my parents are gone. This has helped me, I think my name should be worse but can't think what to call me. I am useless, worthless, horrible, fat, ugly but wouldn't fit on the name.I feel that I need someone to contact, last night was a very bad night. I was lucky that a friend was online and he calmed me down, took 3 hours, and feel a sleep at 3.30am, up at 6am. My mum has a terminal illness and work has been so bad, my boss hates me and I can't do anything right. Life is so bad at the moment and there is no way out.
    • Posted

aaaw hunni I'm sure that you aren't all those things you say you are....you feel like it but whats inside is SO lovely and it DOES shine through....look at how you have fought for Travis and done so much that is amazing and good. Coping with your mum, no matter how much you love her is really hard too, have you any help or is it all left up to you to do all the caring for her?  What do you do at work? I am guessing its a very responsible job with lots of pressure ? Probably your boss is an arrogant B..... who is without a care in the world and of cours ethen he can't empathise with you....nasty person I hate him already when he hurts you so badly.

Can I just say that I AM here if I can be of any help at all, and would be glad to listen(read) anything you want and would try to be helpful too (without offending you!!!) if you would like to make use of that? Sending hugs and love xx

• Posted

oops, didn't mean to put Travis in there with you...sorry I am trying to reply to too many letters at once and got muddled please excuse my senior moment...I have LOTS of them!!! lol xx....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.