Only lost 2lb on orlistat ☹️

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi been on orlistat for a week now and only lost 2lb ive been really good too I've never ate so much fruit lol . I was on orlistat b4 about 3 years ago and the results were amazing but I feel like there not working ?? I would like to loose 3 stone maybe 4 !

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I feel exactly the same. I thought I would lose a lot but haven't lost anything. I'm eating like you too. Feel disappointed . I want to lose at least 2 stone but can't see it happening tbh. Heuck with your loss.

• Posted

It's when I see all the success stories I want it even more 😩 And I'm constantly weighing my self which isnt good lol . How long have you been on them for? X

• Posted

Sadly you say you are eating a lot of fruit there are a lot of sugars naturally occurring in all fruit, so too much isn't very good for you. I tried these tablets but opted for just dieting in the end x

• Posted

Any one got any meal ideas to boost my weight loss with this tablets 😁 X

• Posted

This is how I feel Sam. This is my 2nd week so would of thought I would of had some loss but nothing. Any ideas would be gratefully received for us both lol.x
    • Posted

Have you had any weight loss with them? I have read that it can take a couple of weeks for them to work 😕 . Xx

• Posted

Hi Sam, I have been on mine a month now, and have lost 9lbs which is roughly 3.33% of my body weight. However l have literally had to reduce my calorie intake to at least 1000 calories a day coz l too was struggling, but now it is working. I wasn't seeing any difference or side effects. I have rivita and banana for breakfast or granola and yogurt. Cup of soup or the pasta one for lunch with 2 plums. Then for tea l have either prawns stir fry, chicken breast and salad or fish with rice. I try to have at least 15 grams of fat per meal but l am always under that... keep going 2lbs off is 2 lbs off... I know it can dishearting but you have to keep going...

• Posted

Wow 9lb is a lot well done . So weighed my self this morning and lost anova 2lb 😝So happy .I'm really trying now want this so bad I think it takes the tablets a couple of weeks to start working and a lot of hard work . But for me I think I might just be losing a 1lb a week and I keep weighing my self every day which isn't good 😕 Xxx

• Posted

Yes l was the same weighing myself everyday for the first week and it was dishearting to think there was no weight loss. So l gave the scales to my sister and told her to hold them and just carried on and then weighed myself at the end of the month and 9lbs down...keep with it as you say you may be the 1lb a week, but that's 1lb a week off not on so it's all positive.. good luck on your journey.

• Posted

Dear Sam,   losing weight by going ' low fat ' is actually out of date . Suggest you research  the way to lose weight by going  'low carb' which actually is a lot easier as there are little or no hunger pangs. It's  all there on the web if you keep looking.

The problem is so many people just want to ' take a pill ' and  get fixed. The real solution is to throw that switch in the brain, and get determined to fix things by researching and then using  some knowledge and......will power !

good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.