Only you know your body

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

It is my experiance that most people know there bodies really well and have a good idea what maybe wrong!

It seems to me that you must asks questions and suggest things as GP will try and fob you off.

Keep your cool and if you get really desperate i have found they can't cope with the tears and will listen to you just to stop the tears. :wah:

After last week being put on diazepan and upping my antidepressants and medication for heart burn due to a hiaetus hernia, I was back again today as last weeks medication had caused yet more problems!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

My pulse rate had not come down at all but at least i could think straight

and guess what they still didn't want to test my thyroid so after i pointed out it was almost 3 months since the last test and endo wanted it done every 3 months Gp agreed to it. :? But the down point is he doesn't think its the thyroid so can't stop the other meds till results come back.

So a mad rush to the blood clinic at 7am tomorrow morning just so that i can get my life back. 8)

Sorry about all the spelling mistakes :oops:

All i can say is keep going back even if you feel uncomfortable about it you have as much right as anyone else to have a healthy life.

I know it does get better been there it just takes time so hang in there.

Lizzy

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi lizzy, sorry you fel so bad. my gp is really good and very sympathetic.i do know how you are feeling its bloody horrid but, like you said it will get better. elaine.
  • Posted

Hi Lizzy,

Sorry you sound so fed up and poorly.

Hang in there. I've just posted a message on a different forum - thought you and Elaine had disappeared but found you under What Did I Miss.

Kay

• Posted

Hi

How are you both?

How are the aches and pains? Have i got to find a double buggy for our trip?

Have you been to the optitions yet Kay if so how did it go?

Yesterday was a really bad day had to rush my brother to hospital as the district nurse thought he had got an infection in his leg where the frame bolts go into the bone. Thank goodness a false alarm and hes back home with us. Just another 6 months to go. The district nurses are not very supportive i get the feeling they not keen on cleaning round all the bolts.

Pulse rate still very fast and feel really high as in energy but brain seems to be low i think that must be the drugs.

I hope the results come back quickly.

Take care both of you.

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi you two!

I keep reading different messages from us all on different forums! Shall we stick to the same forum? In case we miss something! How about Elaines - 'diagnosed on my birthday' I think its called? Let me know. Do I seem too organised to you? That's because I am! And a little bit OCD I think!!!!

With regard to a double buggy - we could always use Shopmobility! And race!

Kay

• Posted

Hi

Sounds like a good idea, but i do find it quite confusing all these different things how about we start a new one called .......... so that its easy to spot.

How about Models (due to weight loss)

Lizzy

• Posted

Hi

If you think i've dissapeared just send me a private message as i;ve lost the location.

Enjoy your day tomorrow.

My test results might be back tomorrow!!!!

Lizzy

• Posted

Elaine,

I found this website when I was searching for information on hyperthyroidism. I have recently been diaagnosed and have just started taking Carbimazole. However, after a few days of taking them, I feel sick and have a monstrous headache all the time so I've stopped them

I am convinced there has been something wrong for teh last three or four years and so is my mother. I can barely recognise myself from the person I was before. I'm so angry, going from 0 to 90 with no warning, hot, can't get up if I crouch down to get something from a cupboard, losing my hair, my skin is awful, my memory is awful, I can't sleep - on and on it goes. I've lost about 2 stone and though they say not to worry about putting weight back on, I do worry.

At work they are being really horrible because they say I have been aggressive and have forgotten things and I'm at my wits end. I have seen the consultant and she was nice but I just feel a bit hopeless about it all and feeling better seems so far away. I am suyre they're trying to get rid of me and although I've tried to say that my behaviour may well have been caused by the thyroid problems, no-one will listen to me. How can such a small thing cause so many rpoblems and if it does, why is it so hard and why does it take such a long time to get it diagnosed and treated.

• Posted

Elaine,

I found this website when I was searching for information on hyperthyroidism. I have recently been diaagnosed and have just started taking Carbimazole. However, after a few days of taking them, I feel sick and have a monstrous headache all the time so I've stopped them

I am convinced there has been something wrong for teh last three or four years and so is my mother. I can barely recognise myself from the person I was before. I'm so angry, going from 0 to 90 with no warning, hot, can't get up if I crouch down to get something from a cupboard, losing my hair, my skin is awful, my memory is awful, I can't sleep - on and on it goes. I've lost about 2 stone and though they say not to worry about putting weight back on, I do worry.

At work they are being really horrible because they say I have been aggressive and have forgotten things and I'm at my wits end. I have seen the consultant and she was nice but I just feel a bit hopeless about it all and feeling better seems so far away. I am suyre they're trying to get rid of me and although I've tried to say that my behaviour may well have been caused by the thyroid problems, no-one will listen to me. How can such a small thing cause so many rpoblems and if it does, why is it so hard and why does it take such a long time to get it diagnosed and treated.

• Posted

hiya, sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly my levels were 83 very high. after being on carbimizole for 3 months my level is now 4 so a bit under. that is just as bad. like you i felt agressive, sick, weight loss, couldnt sleep but, this will pass it takes about 4-6 weeks for carbimizole to work so hang in there. i didnt work for 10 weks as was not able to physically maybe you should ask your gp for a little time off? hope you start to feel better soon stay in touch. elaine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.