op date set!

Posted , 4 users are following.

had my consultation this morning i thought it was just going to be anterior repair but turns out its both! so all booked in for 10 dec!!

good thing is womb is good so it can stay were it is!

little nervous as hate having to rely in anyone for help pretty independent person but know other half will help where he can!

anyone else having surgery at the same time we can be buddies? lol

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello!!

I had my surgery almost 3 weeks ago , and I'm very independent also. Ms. Superwoman I am!! Lol

However I found if I didn't have help from my family and friends it would of been difficult for me, especially that first 10 days. Little things like I'm used to doing like making bed, doing laundry, sweeping floor, dusting, going to bank or store, etc I could not do. The most important thing is following doctors orders when they say no bending, lifting, driving etc. it's worth listening for we can have a complete recovery.

I hope all goes well for you!! Keep in touch with us and read some of the ladies stories, that's what got me through my most difficult days knowing that someone else was or had gone through the same as I had and am going through. My recovery continues.

• Posted

aw thanks! yes going to be doing lots of reading and will diff let others do stuff for me!

hardest will be doing stuff for my 3 year old boy! and not being able to drive!

but suppose i should feel lucky my mom lives with me too! so pair of hands to help hubby is good! just hard to sit back and do nothing!! haha

how did you find going up and down stairs at first? as i have very steep stairs at home and a little worried about trying to get up them!

how are you now ? getting better still feel tender?

• Posted

Feeling better each day thank you for asking. Not to tender! My struggle has been the bladder not emptying completely, but we are working on that and I'm self catherate for a few weeks to help retrain or awaken the bladder. That was difficult for me to accept the first several days, but I overcame the fear of not being able to do it. This so shall pass! Pain seized after the first week and I was able to use only ibuprofen to reduce the swelling. I had a bladder prolapse and my uterus removed. Blessed that you have your mother living with you to help you with your little one. Stairs?? I don't have any so ion

sure someone else will comment on this post soon about. Keep in touch and have a great day!!

• Posted

Lovely to hear you've got your date!  You'll need to take it easy over Christmas, but that can be a good time for many to take it easy.  So you can count the days now to your new life starting:-)))))  Excellent:-))))
    • Posted

thanks! i wanted it before christmas as its quiet at work, schools are closed so dont have to stress about getting son to and from childcare/school! and otherhalf closes for christams ao he will be at homeso think it was good date 👍👍

i cant wait as i started to be incontinent so that's annoying me😬 doc gave me pills to help my bladder so grateful for that to! to stop the urgency etc

wow the things we have to get through haha

• Posted

sorry to hear you have this too. I am having an anterior and posterior repair through vaginal surgery this week and am pretty petrified about the whole thing mainly how I will be afterwards but lots of lovely people on this site have been telling me their stories ando helping alot

I am going to try and write a post fairly soon after the surgery if and when just feel able to write about my experience

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.