Open myomectomy Dec 6th

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I am having an abdominal myomectomy on December 6th, to remove at least 3 large fibroids, ranging in 10cm-6cm. My uterus is now the size of an 18 week pregnancy, and the fibroids are I guess on the outside or in the wall. 

Especially first thing in the morning I can really see and feel one of them sticking out on the right side of my abdomen - it looks like a grapefruit is just sitting under there.

I am wondering for those of you who have had them, did your stomach get flatter after the surgery? I know it doesn't right away because there is swelling, but like 2 months, 3 months after will I look more like I looked before these fibroids grew so big???

Also I am SO NERVOUS, how did you deal with your pre surgery nerves??

Thanks all of you smile smile 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have an open myomectomy surgery December 5th so we are close. I have one 9cm sized fibroid on the backside of my uterine wall, think submucosal. Unsure about flatten tummy but I too can feel my figroid on my right and sometimes more if I am laying on my belly. Good luck with your surgery. 💕🙏🏻

• Posted

Wow yes we are very close! Are you doing anything special to prepare? I am taking lots of hot baths and trying to just take good care of my body with healthy foods...but I'm very scared.

I wish you good luck with your surgery too, maybe we can check in as we recover : ) 

Wishing you all the best  ?? ? 

• Posted

Oh boy I have been working long hours and stressed. No prep really, sadly.

Thabk you for the wishes. I beleive fasting will take place the day before. I eat fairly well so I am not too worried about that.

• Posted

Yes I have to fast all day the day before too but I'm not too worried about that because I think I will be too nervous to eat...I have difficulty with anxiety so it's really hard waiting for the day to come. 

Sorry you are stressed...it is definitely hard to balance work leading up to something like this, I am finding. 

all best. 

• Posted

Good luck to you both, brave ladies, Ive been putting off the decision for too long & now have a 12x13x10 cm fibroid submucosal in the lower posterior wall. I'm trying to loose weight & then finally decide.  x

• Posted

I don't feel brave, lol. But thank you very much, good luck to you too <3 

• Posted

Omg I have been nervous for the last week amd researching has helped but then I would youtube videos of the procedure and have abdominal pains😑

• Posted

I looked up the procedure on youtube yesterday and started watching but had to stop..I think it's better if I can't picture it! 😖

• Posted

Watch it afterwards. You will have more appreciation then as you will have the relief of having theno out.
    • Posted

Eeekkk yeah. I am drawn to watching it since I work in the medical field myself but with animals.
  • Posted

Mine was 17cm. So had huge belly. You should see the difference Immediately after surgery.

Don't worry smile

• Posted

Wow that was a big one, I'm always encouraged when I hear of people with fibroids bigger than the 13cm one Ive been putting up with for 10 years & have tried lots of drugs treatments but know I'll be facing an operation. Where was yours? Mine is submucosal & the the lower posterior wall so was a bit concerned about bowel adhension hence delaying & trying other drug routes first. But it seems they only delay the enevitable without much success, whereas once its gone its gone. Were they able to take your out whole? If they sectioned it how did they assure you it wouldnt spore?

• Posted

I had 3 very small intramural and 2 pedunculated 10cm and 17cm in my belly. No real symptoms such as bleeding etc my belly just started to grow and I felt constantly sick and tired. They removed it all astarted a whole. (Open Myomectomy).

8 weeks tomorrow and I am so relieved that it's all over.

• Posted

Brilliant to here you are free. How liberating after that belly full. Mine's submucosal I think that means I'd get greater scare tissue as they have to dig the thing out of the mucsle in the wall, with pedunculated I think the can tie or cut them of the "stalks" they grow on. Best of wishes for your recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.