Open Sores on penis shaft

Posted , 2 users are following.

The day after having protected sex i noticed a small red bump with intense itching underneath my shaft. The bump developed into a large pimple with a white head and burst and become painful.  After four days of putting alcohol and neosporin on It, It has become less red and more flush against my skin and is only slightly painful when putting alcohol on It. 

I assumed It was from irritation from the condom rubbing or an ingrown hair until today when i noticed another red bump forming on the side of my penis, also on the bottom of my shaft. 

I have had unprotected sex in the past, the last time was about a month ago. I usually get tested during my yearly check up but i think i am going to go to the doctor soon about this . I’m trying to upload pictures but can’t quite figure It out at the moment. Any ideas or opinions of what might be going on is appreciated. 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can’t figure out how to post a picture on here. I’m using an iPhone. Any tips on how are appreciated ...
    • Posted

Transfer your photos to a computer. Use a browser to log on to Patient Forum. Start a reply. Above the reply box there will be 4 icons. Click on the scenery icon at far right and upload.
    • Posted

Thank you. I don’t own a pc so i guess there won’t be any pictures. 

From my own research online it’s either HSV-2 or Genital folliculitis. The symptoms such as intense itching (i was woken up in the middle of the night tonight because the itching from the new forming sore is so bad) and then turnping into a white head that opens up leads me to believe that It is HSV-2. However, the fact that I only had one single sore and then another starting to form four days later to my doesn’t sound like HSV-2. 

Opinions ? Below is a link to an image that closely resembles what I have. However the cycle that the sores are going through are 1-small very itchy bump. 2-larger bumble with raised white head. 3-white head oozes out and turns into a flat open sore. 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.