Operated leg is worse since MUA!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi. I've posted on here a few times before. I'm four months post TKR and due to restricted range of movement (about 70 degrees) my surgeon recommended that i undergo MUA under anaesthesia. I did this four weeks ago under local aneasthetic (spinal injection) and then 24 hours on a movement machine in hospital. Since then my operated leg has been more painful, stiffer and more swollen. I see a physiotherapist who gave me more exercises which I do provided I can take enough meds to bear the pain! Before the MUA, even though the range of movement was not what it might/should be, I could walk comfortably for at least an hour and suffer no pain. I know get pains in the new knee area and the whole things is stiffer than before. I've also lumbar spondylosis which doesn't help though I coped with this before the MUA. I'm disappointed and rather annoyed that I went through with the MUA and ended up like this. I can still walk but not as far as I did and the stiffness when I've been sitting for a while or first thing in the morning is worse. I take co-codamol to help me be able to do the exercises and massage the knee with cream twice per day and use ice packs. I am seeing my surgeon again in three weeks but I do not wish to go back into hospital again!! Anyone else had bad experiences following MUA? Cheers.

1 like, 18 replies

Report / Delete

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks for all the supportive comments. Not so sure about shei1345 - sounds more like an advertisement for some sort of cream. Perhaps you should pay for advertising somewhere. I thought this was a forum where fellow sufferers share experiences, which 99% of the time they do! Back to those who empathise and whose comments I appreciate. My biggest disappointment is the pain I'm now getting in my operated leg, pain I had got through post-op and was happy despite the restricted range of movement. I'm obviously going to stick with the exercises/physio as much as I can but my meeting with my surgeon in three weeks' time will be interesting! Taking lots of meds like co-codamol and naproxen can make you feel rather unwell and tired so it is a bit of a cleft stick. Thanks again for the support. The comments are reassuring and I think generally this forum is superb. Kind regards to all and don't buy the cream!
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up